Archinect
anchor

creating entourages

zer0k

It always takes me hours to find the right kind of "fashion magazine" type images to use on a simple collage/ section image. Any have any suggestions to where I could find a good archive of fashion ads (ie. website) other than going out and buying a magazine?

Thanks

May 8, 06 3:38 pm
FlowB

im tired of seeing models "striking a pose" in kitchens. whatever happened to normal people. as if a fashion model in your section makes the design better. i am not dissing your design, and i hope that you dont take it that way, but really, its not worth the time. why dont you put an image of your mom in there...i am sure you have a photo and you wont have to buy and scan a "fashion mag." plus she will think its really cool.

May 8, 06 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
tworings

zer0k,
i've done models in the past using collage elements. i did these by hand, not digitally. i used a lot of those free fashion/"going out" magazines as an image base. you know, the magazines that are 90% ads and 10% pictures of the beautiful people at local clubs. they had a lot of colorful ads, and some great images as well, plus they are free. the one in tempe was called "944" (i think), but i know they exist all over l.a. and most other cities with good nightlife as well.

May 8, 06 3:59 pm  · 
 · 
tworings

maybe i misunderstood you, zer0k. i used the images as abstract color on models and in collages, usually cutting the images into strips. i don't really have any experience in using the models in fashion ads as models in renderings, if that is what you mean.

May 8, 06 5:25 pm  · 
 · 
zer0k

Thanks for the comments.

May 8, 06 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
SuperHeavy

getty rocks, usually.

j, i love your hummer/models/relief housing idea, those being the only circumstances I could have accepted such imagery. In fact, I may have applauded.

May 8, 06 6:36 pm  · 
 · 
not_here

j, that's awesome.. lol

May 8, 06 7:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: