Archinect
anchor

Suggested resources/website/etc for Structure 1 assistance?

anon

As I'm studying for our structures final, dealing with a rather obtuse text (Schodek) in which many of the example problems in the text are themselves incorrect, and it struck me that there might be some general guides to 'intro structures' on the web. Or perhaps, that some of you out there may have professors who've posted their classnotes. In particular, I'm looking for some clarification on truss analysis. Let me know if anything comes to mind. A cursory google search was fruitless.

Thanks in advance for any tips and/or suggestions.

May 7, 06 11:50 pm
strugs

Hi Anon --

MIT's OpenCourseWare project (ocw.mit.edu) has syllabi, lecture notes and other materials for tons of courses. It's an amazing resource. I happen to be using it right now for a Physics course -- so helpful.

Anyway, it looks like there are a lot of past courses archived with notes from Structures courses (I can't vouch for the content since I haven't started arch school yet). Anyway, here is one course that had truss analysis (if the link doesn't work, use the URL above and search through the directory):

MIT: Bldg. Tech II, Spring 03

May 8, 06 12:01 am  · 
 · 
anon

Strugs,

thanks a ton (pun intended). Looks like a great resource!

May 8, 06 5:00 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

thanks a kip you mean

May 8, 06 7:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: