Archinect
anchor

Any wise word for my decision? Please!!

doublecitrus

I was accepted to M.Arch 1 program at one of schools on East coast as an international student(actually have a Green card) and wondering if this is the best way for my future plan. My plan is to stay in the U.S, building my career as an architect. The thing is I got my B.A degree from my born country and heard that if people who have B.A degree from foreign country might have a problem with finding a job even though they have master degree here. I hope this is not true. I am really concerned about it because ,whenever I tried to get a job here in the U.S, I had such a hard time too and later was told that people don't count the degree from a foreign country.

Should I start to begin from the scratch, getting B.A degree here? Actually I was thinking about two options...

1. transfer to B.Arch(three or four year) + post professional master degree (one and half year)

2. getting the first master degree(three and half year) + post professional master degree (one and half year)

Please give some wise word for my decision...Anyone who went through this experience before or who know some international friends, having same background as mine? I am sort of desperate at this point...the school that I am going to for m.arch 1 said if I really want it, they will let me transfer to their B.Arch program(second year). Please help me make the right decision!!! Thank you.

May 7, 06 5:12 pm
Misen

If you get your M.Arch degree in the US, you shouldn't have any problems. I've worked with plenty of people who did that and did fine. I am not quite sure what your concern is.

May 7, 06 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
Philarch

I have some friends that received Bachelor's degrees from foreign countries and then got their M. Arch I here in the U.S. They are doing fine in terms of finding work and if anything, they haven't come across any problems other than the whole green card/visa issue (which you seem to have under control). Go for that M. Arch!

May 8, 06 3:28 pm  · 
 · 
doublecitrus

Thank you, Misen and Philarch for your comments!!!

May 8, 06 3:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: