Archinect
anchor

Marriage scam

Hasselhoff

I just read an article on CNN about this woman that scammed like 15 guys and was married to three of them and stole all of their money. I need to find one of these women and kind of...reverse scam her. She will try to steal all my money and my accounts, but in the end, she will just get stuck with my ungodly loans. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Then I will be FREE FREEE FREE!!!!!!

May 3, 06 11:30 am
Nevermore

hasselhoff..what if she finds your credit cards after marriage

May 3, 06 11:41 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

hasselhoff..what if she finds your credit cards after marriage

May 3, 06 11:41 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

sorry.

or if she gets her hands on your assignments before your crits ?

May 3, 06 11:42 am  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

Good call. I'll cut up my cards before the wedding. Who cares if she gets my assignments. Pirates have no need to Rhino models. I didn't tell you? I'm going to Somolia to buckle some swash.

May 3, 06 12:46 pm  · 
 · 
A

You'd be much better off letting some african prince borrow your bank account to park some of his millions and in return he'll give you $100k. Joke is on him when he finds out you've only got 42 cents to your name! Ha ha ha.

May 3, 06 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
4arch

"You're as good as dead without a bank account"

May 3, 06 1:06 pm  · 
 · 
skeerd

another option to pay your way through grad school is to marry a foreigner who wants a greencard. i believe the going rate ranges from 10-30,000. i've even heard of some people getting 50k. you'd be too busy in school for the next three years to even notice that you're married and 30k will go a long way :)

May 3, 06 6:22 pm  · 
 · 
mespellrong

Actually, three years of marriage will cost you $12,000 in extra income taxes, and most schools will cut the amount of aid they give you to reflect your spouse's income – which will probably total more than 30k over three years of school.

May 3, 06 6:56 pm  · 
 · 

Or marry any sort of minority, and take their last name, particularly if it's something obvious, like 'Martinez' or 'Chow'. Now, check the box that says "Refuse to answer" on the race questions, and you could get some extra scholarship $$$ out of it!

May 3, 06 8:34 pm  · 
 · 
mad+dash

a family friend was swindled recently. she got him to sign the benz and million dollar home to her name, then she divorced him in a heart beat.

As a Side Question...do you think this would actually happen to an architect...I thought most architects that were really involved in their work were romantics? the thought of getting swindled in to marriage makes my stomach churn.

May 3, 06 8:42 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

No joke here - got an email read "400-500 goats Wants to talk to you Call me

At first I thought it was a really bad scam, but after emailing back turns out it was wrong email address. 400-500 goats would be great in my gold coast condo though!

May 3, 06 9:38 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

skeerd, the 'going' rate nowadays is only 15k....im ashamed to say i actually know someone who did a fake marriage for a green card....there are postings for that even on craigslist nowadays!

May 3, 06 10:18 pm  · 
 · 

not a scam, so this actually somewhat of a thread hijacking, but the benz comment above reminded me of a funny story:

local bank president ($$$) has an affair.

wife finds out about affair.

calls up young family friend and asks him to drive her 'somewhere' in her car - a jaguar.

'somewhere' is the rolls royce dealer. she buys a rolls, gives the kid the jag keys and tells him it's now his.

drives her new rolls to their summer house in fla and calls her husband to tell him it's over.

May 3, 06 10:20 pm  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova
May 4, 06 5:17 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova
May 4, 06 5:18 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: