Archinect
anchor

Looking For Contributions - Architectural Design Book

DesignBook

Hello,

I am in the process of putting together 1, or possibly 2 books focusing on Architectural Design. I plan on getting contributions from established designers/architects as well as students.

The first book would be a collection of essays regarding design in general, but typically focusing on the changes or evolutions which have occurred in the past 5 - 10 years as well as the changes or evolutions which are believed to occur in the next 5 - 10 years. I will also be looking for essays regarding technologies effect on design and our abilities to create designs.

The second book will be a collection of design problem case studies; I would like to present 3 or 4 different design problems with 10 - 15 solutions for each problem. The goal is to illustrate how the same design problem can be solved with many different solutions. Each solution will be accompanied by a short essay describing the design process used to reach the solution.

Obviously these are just brief descriptions of the two books. At this point I am trying to form a list of people who are interested in contributing. The will be no compensation provided for the contributions, however, you or your firm's contact information (Phone #, address, website, e-mail) will be included in the book with your contribution. If you are interested please contact me and I will add you to my list and will provide you with more information on the projects when it is available.

I can be contacted @ [email protected]

Thank you.

Apr 30, 06 2:55 pm
Luis Fraguada

This is all interesting, but might I suggest making this brief more specific. Define the problems and emerged/emerging design methods you are wanting to explore. I mean, even your username is general "Design Book." Almost makes me think this is not sincere. If it is, give the brief more resolution.

Apr 30, 06 4:57 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

yeah, I agree with LF.

Apr 30, 06 8:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: