Archinect
anchor

maya lin at the henry

bRink

[img=http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/2387/mayalin9jk.jpg]
nice but... i cant help but think thats alot of dead trees!

Apr 26, 06 10:37 pm
bRink
Apr 26, 06 10:38 pm  · 
 · 
santa monica

It's difficult to tell from the photo... are those 2x4s? The installation looks good, and besides, you can always make more trees.

Apr 26, 06 11:57 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

I want to roll down that hill.

Apr 27, 06 12:03 am  · 
 · 
appleate

they're 2x4s, and it's partially hollow inside. The photo does not do justice to the sexiness of the form.

Apr 27, 06 12:08 am  · 
 · 
ichweiB

isn't is Mia Lin?

Apr 27, 06 12:17 am  · 
 · 
anti

where is the henry?

I saw her lecture at Harvard earlier this year, she was everything I wanted an architect/landscape architect/artist to be.

Apr 27, 06 4:48 pm  · 
 · 
e

the henry is in seattle >> http://www.henryart.org/

Apr 27, 06 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
raymonde

is she a licensed architect or just a designer? wondered about this when i saw the credits for her lame "record house" in the new record.

Apr 27, 06 8:25 pm  · 
 · 

she is an architect.

what prompts you to say the house is lame? i thought it was beautiful, both in conception and realization.

Apr 27, 06 10:06 pm  · 
 · 
bRink

i liked the exhibition, the most exciting thing i think was watching her work from above from the balcony watching people moving through the installations, and then descending down into the landscapes and moving through them... room sized minimal sculpture, carefully crafted, timeless... the people seem to be a part of the art.

theres also this great video of one of her designs for a skating rink which is lit up like a circular sky below peoples feet at night, and the moving dark bodies of skaters circling create something like a swirling constellation... found this little pic of the project... but you gotta see this thing in motion...

in the art gallery people have a certain way of interacting with these landscapes... it's removed from the elements, allows her to do a certain kind of thing, but something about her outdoor public spaces, how people interact with these landscapes in real life. she has the best of both worlds as an artist and landscape architect, two different kinds of playgrounds... that seems like a dream job...

Apr 27, 06 11:40 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: