Archinect
anchor

REM in the DC

duke19_98

Anyone else go to see REM in DC last night. The first sentence of his lecture "I will not look at you!" was classic REM at his best. What a freaking goofball. 1500+ archidorks in one room...quite scary.

Apr 25, 06 9:34 pm

i think i saw REM in dc in the 80s...stipe was drunk.

Apr 25, 06 10:07 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

Its so much more attractive
inside the moral kiosk...

Apr 25, 06 10:15 pm  · 
 · 

I saw Stipe play a song with Radiohead at the 9:30 Club in DC. Blur opened. Brad Pitt and Jennifer Anniston were there as their initial romance took off. Man I'm getting old.

Apr 25, 06 11:54 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Damn. I went to see REM at yewklah, and didn't get in, partially because Brad Pitt, Martha Stewart and Diane Keaton were hogging the best seats and signing autographs. Or so I was told.

Apr 26, 06 12:23 am  · 
 · 
squaresquared

R.E.M.? Koolhaas? Which? I'm confused...

Apr 26, 06 1:45 am  · 
 · 
impalajunkie

Yeah I was there too. "I will not look at you, I'm used to speaking in the dark" haha.
Some of his topics from that night I wrote about in the thread "OMA proposal for rotating tower"

Apr 26, 06 7:56 am  · 
 · 
Gravitas

What about the dumb hick that interrupted him in the middle of his lecture to tell him he couldn't hear. I mean, there were about 800 better ways to deal with the situation than standing up in the middle of a 1500 person lecture and interupting the speaker. You could feel the collective cringe.....

Apr 26, 06 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I saw REM in New York. Patti Smith came on stage to sing 'E-Bow the Letter'...that is a good song

Apr 26, 06 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i saw rem for two bucks in 1982 at second story in bloomington, also peter buck was "dating" my best friends ex for awhile. i don't know who rem is dating...

Apr 26, 06 10:43 pm  · 
 · 
e

i saw REM most nights when i used to live in DC. i slept like a baby there.

Apr 27, 06 1:13 am  · 
 · 
duke19_98

gravitas

I thought REM's robotic response to the "hick" was great. "Well, do you have the solution for this?" The comedic value of the whole event was worth my 15 dollar ticket.

Note to all you guys still in school- keep your student ID as long as you can!

Apr 27, 06 8:56 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: