Archinect
anchor

Viz 2K5

iwish

Does anyone know of a good instructional book for the new version of VIZ? I am about to give myself an ulcer trying to figure out the indirect illumination settings.
thanks.

Jul 9, 04 12:40 pm
Jeremy

ahh. I am in the same boat - seems like a pretty nice chunk of software, and I love the linking to model instead of importing deal. Materials and illumination are giving me a headache though.. anyone out there with tips, please chime in. Can I just use my old max material libraries? (I dont have them at work, so I havent tried that yet)

Jul 9, 04 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
iwish

all of your old materials will work with the new mental ray renderer. That shouldn't be a problem. Most old lights will work with it as well. The first pain I came across was that viz4 key shortcuts won't work in the new one, so I had to redo that. I like the new version much better, if only I could figure out how to avoid the "no photons stored" error when I try to use final gather and caustics.

Jul 9, 04 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
Minimal Animal

Print out the HELP.

It unfogged it a bit for me

Jul 9, 04 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
Jeremy

you guys got any sample images you can show us?? would like to see how its workin. I am still getting scenes much too dark, though I will go and print the help and skim through there.... thanks

Jul 9, 04 6:28 pm  · 
 · 
iwish

I already hit up the help pages. It did help on a lot of things, but the lighting still isn't going well. The help section tells what each thing does, but not really how to use it, or trouble shoot it. I set up a sample scene and got the new indirect systems to work on a simple model, but as soon as I try it on my building model, I get errors.
I don't have any sample images yet, but I will put some up when I do.

Jul 9, 04 6:31 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: