Archinect
anchor

cyber space vs outer space

farmer

I know, I know... it's a stupid, nerdy question. so crucify me. Still I am curious whether this machine I am in sitting front of creates teilhard's noosphere: "The Final Frontier". NASA bores me.

Apr 24, 06 6:02 am
noci

guess you're 20 years too late, mate- by now the whole concept of "cyberspace" has been utterly commodified & countless lame fools try to "visualize the networked flows of [bla]" by building facade systems with stupid oscillating servos & feeling really smart about it while eyeballing that blonde arch. culture groupie over there at the bar, like, feeling real real smug about themselves and their self-proclaimed genius. blech

Apr 24, 06 10:19 am  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

I prefer Cyber space. In outer space you neee to wear that ugly, bulky space suit that makes your ass look fat. But in cyber space you don't have to wear anything. As in my current state...

Apr 24, 06 10:47 am  · 
 · 
postal

cyberspace... secondlife.com

cheaper to build, no gravity, teleportation, flying, etc...

Apr 24, 06 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

woah what??? there are blonde arch culture groupies??????

Apr 24, 06 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
noci

yeah, there are! not that they ever eyeball ME, tho, or how do else would you explain all these layers of cynical armour
by the way green/pink striped stockings with denim mini skirts are all the rage with them now

Apr 24, 06 2:48 pm  · 
 · 
Nevermore

outerspace, cos you just cant trust anyone nowadays..

Apr 24, 06 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

For ten years at my old job I had a piece of paper taped to my Mayline. It was a clipping from Wired Magazine's calendar section announcing a syposium sponsored by ARIL: the Association for Religion and Intellectual Life. The symposium was posing the question: Does the internet provide a level of human connectivity that is the ultimate metaphor for God?

This intrigued me as I've always felt that a certain level of human interaction fits pretty well with my despcription of what could be called "god".

Outer space, on the other hand, scares me, though I think it's pretty cool.

Apr 24, 06 10:59 pm  · 
 · 
futureboy

i'm for the blonde arch groupie thread!
but definitely outerspace has to be so awesome with all those great babe aliens that sci-fi movies have taught us about.

Apr 24, 06 11:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: