Archinect
anchor

Marketing for architects

ldttpg

I'm looking to join an organization in NYC that focuses on marketing in the architecture industry.  It seems that AIGA or SMPS would be the 2 industries of choice.  Any recommendations on which would be better for me to join?

Thanks!
Lisa

Feb 9, 12 12:00 pm
trace™

Not sure what the AIGA would have for marketing, it is a graphic design based organization (to the best of my knowledge, though I haven't really done much more than read a book or two of theirs, etc.).

So I think that leaves SMPS as your best choice.

Feb 10, 12 10:42 am  · 
 · 
quizzical

In my experience (not in NYC) SMPS is a sound organization and attracts marketing professionals from a wide variety of architecture and engineering firms. Here in our area, they tend to put on good programs and I've learned a lot about the marketing of design services from participating over the years.

However, in our chapter the vast majority of participants tend to be Marketing Managers and Marketing Coordinators. A few firm principals also attend. Consequently, opportunities for learning through networking tend to be limited since nobody there wants to share any really usefull information with a competitor -- which is totally understandable.

Feb 10, 12 1:34 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: