Archinect
anchor

Someone just responded to your post at Archinect (x100000)

siggers

I imagine this has already been covered (though I didn't find it after a search) but would it be possible just to get one notification for a post - and not fifteen million? Also the fact that the subject line doesn't betray which post it is that's been replied to, you can' just skim through them that way - like I have known on other forums...

Not meaning to complain...just a thought!

Apr 17, 06 10:04 am
WonderK

I don't know that you can just get one. I think it's all or nothing. However, if you get the first one and you don't want anymore, I believe there is a link that you can visit to stop getting the notifications.

Apr 17, 06 10:06 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

hahah .. signum probably never checked his mail in a long long time ..

in any case, you have an option at the bottom of the page right ? "Notify me when someone replies to this post?"

Apr 17, 06 10:12 am  · 
 · 
guiggster

I used to wonder about this too. Then i just decided to uncheck the box and check back on archinect every 90 seconds. Because that's my life right now. Christ, I gotta get back to the states.

Apr 17, 06 10:18 am  · 
 · 
siggers

Welllll, all valid points - but I have used forums (probably based on different software?) where I just got the one notification - which was ideal as I didn´t need to think about it - I just knew that at least one person had replied!

I hope this will not jeapordise my archinect membership ;-)

p.s. isn´t jeapordise spelt strangely?

Apr 17, 06 10:24 am  · 
 · 
bob_dobbalina

from another forum . . .

"You are receiving this email because you are watching the topic, "Leaving a computer on for extended periods of time..." at xyxyxyxy.com. This topic has received a reply since your last visit. You can use the following link to view the replies made, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic."

it would be nice to be able to quote and style text as well.

Apr 17, 06 10:48 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

signum, yes, because isn't it spelled "jeopardize"? Or do the vowels flip over on your side of the pond too?

Apr 17, 06 10:52 am  · 
 · 
surface

If you use gmail, they all collapse into one thread of emails.

Apr 17, 06 10:57 am  · 
 · 
bob_dobbalina

same if you use Mail (apple) different threads are not differentiated. must be a way to get the thread title into the subject line . . .

Apr 17, 06 11:04 am  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

and if you use Google toolbar it has a handy spellchecker. (It just made me capitalize Google.)

Apr 17, 06 11:35 am  · 
 · 
siggers

WonderK - I just typed it into our Lord Google to see if it suggested anything else, and it didn't, more fool me, as Dicitonary.com says that is is spelt jeopradise...or in your version jeopardize.

Perhaps we shall receive an official response from the Archinect head honchos. Until then I'm going to stop going on about it, and untick the notify box :-)

Apr 17, 06 4:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: