Archinect
anchor

Please Help me

hi its me

Hi
I am interested in a M.Arch in the U.S but I am worried about what school would be right FOR ME?
I think its best if you understand a bit about me before a ask for your help.

I am a fourth year Industrial Design student in a well respected school in Holland.

I am probably best describe as a hardcore conceptual. I have a very strong personal sense of the type of design I wish to engage in.

So I need a school that would except my unique approach as well as my avant-guard leanings. I am worried about wether U.S schools would understand a student like myself.

I had a lot of trouble finding a school for my bachelor degree (i had to move country, to find the correct school). And i don't want to make the same mistake again.

please help

This is a list of schools I have looked into so far, which school do you thing would be the best fit for me, but also provide me with all the skill I will need (any other suggestions would be welcomed):

MIT
GSD
Princeton
Yale

ps i apologize for my terrible sentence construction, as you can probably tell English is my second language

Apr 15, 06 4:28 pm
Ivan Kriakov

the sterotypes, take as you will:

MIT haven't heard anything
GSD most corporate/business oriented
Princeton most academic, scholary, produces professors
Yale most diverse, has professors with wildy different beliefs

obviously there's some of everything at all of them, I went to Yale and knew many people from princeton and GSD and these were simply my impressions.

Apr 15, 06 5:20 pm  · 
 · 
sheri25

Is the Application Requirements for Yale the same for all the majors??

Apr 15, 06 10:44 pm  · 
 · 
sheri25

awwwww, I need to know it now, anybody???
I can't find it on the actuall site.

Apr 15, 06 11:49 pm  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

no clue sheri ... you might have to wait for a while longer .. till the rest of these guys wake up ...

Apr 16, 06 1:47 am  · 
 · 
sheri25

This may not make sense to you guys, but this is how it is, to make a long story short, I have this bet with someone, he think it would be impossible for me to get in to Yale or Princeton, and because of the personality that I have I will apply and I will get in, so in case anyone was wondering.
I’m trying to get as much info as I can, so please tell me whatever there is to know.

Apr 16, 06 5:38 am  · 
 · 
hi its me

I don’t think that I put my question very well in the original post so I will try again.

I have the impression that American school's rigid, disciplined structure promises a fast, efficient adaptation to the commercial field of design. But I don't believe I will find the experimental and avant-garde.

I am looking for a school that encourages me to develop wild ideas and inspired ideas.

SO:

1)Are my ideas about American schools corect or am I miss informed?

2) I am searching for a MArch 1 program that might satisfy my needs, douse anyone have first had experience of the schools I mentioned. And will my approach be excepted at any of them.

Apr 16, 06 10:51 am  · 
 · 
hi its me

again i apologize for my terrible sentence construction

Apr 16, 06 10:52 am  · 
 · 
hi its me

bump

Apr 16, 06 12:47 pm  · 
 · 
surface

hi its me,

you might also want to look into Sci-Arc, Cranbrook, Columbia, and UCLA.

Apr 16, 06 4:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: