Archinect
anchor

Design Ideas

If I had a Dollar

I am moving into a tiny studio apartment and there is no separation between the sleeping area and kitchen except about a 3'-6" space. I want to mask the kitchen or put some sort of room divider up. I am not allowed to bolt anything to the walls or ceiling so, I was wondering if anyone had any clever, cheap ideas...links would be great too.

Thank you.

Apr 15, 06 9:43 am
sporadic supernova

Hmm .. I'm in a similar situation.. but I just let it be. I dont cook anything.. just take out !!

how about posting a pic of the area?

Apr 15, 06 10:39 am  · 
 · 
If I had a Dollar

I don't move in for another month, so I don't have pics.
Right now I think I am going to make a little fabric wall that attaches to a rod with a base and rollers.

Apr 15, 06 10:50 am  · 
 · 
MadMavenNYC

Better late than never.. Try looking at this new modern modular room divider system by  iDivide: Visit the website at http://www.idividewalls.com

Mar 29, 12 1:31 pm  · 
 · 
august

I have a cardboard partition made from 36"X72" cardboard sheets. Light enough to not need hardware to support it. I bought the materials for ~$12 but you could probably source it for free at your local Ikea. 

I'll post a pic later.

Mar 29, 12 2:08 pm  · 
 · 
august

Sorry for the old cellphone picture. I have been using it as a pinup space for the work I do at home.

Mar 29, 12 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
willhon

I like Autopoles by manfrotto.  They are compression poles that will span floor to ceiling.  They have a lot of different clamps and accessories to attach to.  Very nice for tall ceilings as well.  Mine is 15'.  I'm too lazy to take a pic of my setup so here is an image from google.

Mar 30, 12 9:53 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: