Archinect
anchor

'idiot-box' Stands

PetePeterson

So my easter weekend project is design/building a minimal(ist)ish TV stand.

Is it just me, or is this not a very exciting furniture genre? Maybe a correlation between that and what it supports?...

Curious as to what y'all have got holding the tude up?
Looking for images/web resources for inspiration....

many thanks comrades

Apr 14, 06 1:10 pm
strlt_typ

so how did this end up?

Apr 17, 06 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

The TV is not an "evil object." You have the ability to not watch it. American Idol, Friends, etc. Crap. But I like to watch DVDs. Fight Club rules and that's on my TV.

Apr 17, 06 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
cln1

what kind of t.v. is it?

if you are talking about a wall mounted flat screen some rpbw connections might be in order.

if it is generic then adaptability to different t.v. sizes and room configurations should be considered - sort of like a mini prefab housing project. (im thinking to the dwell magazine prefab competition years ago - the 'modern modular' where the different componenets plugged in based upon the site and family needs)

or maybe something that kept your pizza warm and your beer cold

Apr 17, 06 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
PetePeterson

it ended up not great...
tried to do something with nice 3/4" pine plywood. was aiming for a kinda raw unfinished look, but it ended up looking like a 7th graders wood shop project...i'd be embarassed to post pictures.

The downfall of the project was me picking up my new MacBook Pro on saturday... I got a distracted

Apr 17, 06 1:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: