Archinect
anchor

Getting LEED's Ceritified

lowryourstds

So i am in the process of trying to understand the LEED Accrd. process. Is the only Study Resources the LEED Reference guides (NC, EB, CI) What is the proper way to prepare for the exam. Do you need to read all 3? I am at a firm that doesn't do any green architecture however we are strategizing on how we are to get people accredited. Are there anyother must have resources?

Apr 12, 06 3:32 pm
liznieve

those are pretty much it. the colorado chapter of LEED has a practice exam on their website... can't seem to remember what the website is, though.

also don't forget that they're only testing on version 2.1 up until august. after that its 2.2 which is a lot more complicated.

its really not hard at all, just read it aloud. the exam is super easy once you have actively read the reference guides (i haven't even gone to architecture school yet and i passed...)

Apr 12, 06 5:19 pm  · 
 · 

The three volumes are for version 2.2. Get the version 2.1 LEED-NC (for new construction & major renovations) to study from if you plan to take the test before the switch. I'm studying right now (hope to test in a couple of weeks), and the thing I'm finding helpful is making myself memorize the checklist of credits. Once I'm able to write that out to prompt myself, I find it relatively easy to remember what each one entails.

One of the girls at my office found a set of flashcards somewhere that seem quite specific as well, which I plan to use once I have the basics memorized.

Apr 12, 06 5:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: