Archinect
anchor

Compensation DC

123456789lin

I am recent Grad, MArch, 1.5 yrs experience, top of my class, and all I am offered in the Wash. DC area is 42,500 and so so benefits. I am new to the area. Does anybody know if this fair? How much should I ask for?

Apr 12, 06 2:53 pm
A Center for Ants?

see: the salary poll (also to your left in the red box)

Apr 12, 06 4:40 pm  · 
 · 
generative_monkey

I'd say this is pretty good. I'm getting about the same in NYC, where the cost of living is much higher. I used to live in DC on less- it's manageable. I too was dismayed by what I was being offered after an M.Arch, but I got over it!

Apr 12, 06 5:46 pm  · 
 · 
arri

Eurilynn,
I think that's right. I worked in DC for about 1 year before moving to Los Angeles and that's the salary some of my friends were offered. One guy got as much as $50,000. Another guy earned $65,000 with all the overtime he put in at the firm.

Without a doubt, make a counteroffer of a more satisfactory salary! I'm sure the firm wants to save some money if they can, and if you do counteroffer you'll find out if they want you for the job or if they want someone to fill the spot for $42.5k. What number were you hoping to be offered? Anyway, good luck!!!

Apr 12, 06 6:34 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: