Archinect
anchor

local architect in Boston/Cambridge?

on my way

I'm an architect in NYC and I've got a small retail project in Boston/Cambridge. I'm looking for a local licensed architect with some experience working with the building dept, the historic review board (if any), local contractors, etc. I'm not sure if this project is even going to need a permit, but I don't want to take the chance without talking to somebody who knows the building environment...

Any recommendations?

Apr 12, 06 9:46 am
cosmoe32

You might try Peter Rose- he has been at it for a while. Good small office. teaches at the GSD, so as an instructor he might be willing to help- link

Apr 12, 06 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
on my way

I called Peter Rose and this was too small a project for him. He said he does museums and other cultural buildings...

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Apr 14, 06 3:44 pm  · 
 · 

go to the bsa website and search for firms.

Apr 14, 06 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

Are you just looking for an architect of record then?

Apr 14, 06 3:58 pm  · 
 · 
on my way

Architect of record, but more importantly someone who is familiar with the building environment and the building department in Cambridge. The conversion is so simple that we may not even need a permit for construction, but I'm sure we'll need approval for signage and exterior color changes...

Apr 14, 06 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

find an expediter(sp?) they'll do all the for ya...

Apr 14, 06 5:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: