Archinect
anchor

was anyone at the Berkeley open house on friday?

sameolddoctor

oh yes, 'talked' about it quite many times before...and i forgive you...

just go to ucb man, the change in atmosphere itself (from LA) will give you a high.

Apr 15, 06 1:46 am  · 
 · 
MArch n' unemployed

its done

Apr 15, 06 2:13 am  · 
 · 
maya mcdifference

march06 - sameolddoctor is just one person on here who hated UCLA. besides, wasn't he/she in the m.arch 2 program? sure, there was contact with the m.arch 1's, but how could you really be that sure about a program you didn't experience?

oh well. go bears i suppose...

Apr 15, 06 2:55 am  · 
 · 
MArch n' unemployed

shy, my mind has been made up since the 7th, i just had to come to grips with it. sameolddoctor didn't have a thing to do with it.

what about you, now that it is officially the 15th on the west coast?

Apr 15, 06 3:12 am  · 
 · 
MArch n' unemployed

*shay* ;)

Apr 15, 06 3:12 am  · 
 · 
maya mcdifference

i sent you an email just now. i know this sounds crazy, but what were the top three things you liked about berkeley?

Apr 15, 06 3:19 am  · 
 · 
MArch n' unemployed

1. the notion that i can shape my education any way i want
2. the facilities, they really put UCLA to shame
3. teaching opportunities and the free tuition they provide

not to be outdone, SF is amazing, the faculty seem really down to earth and approachable and while i do like the idea of the research studios [like the subject matter] im just not too keen on doing research for someone else's agenda. isn't thesis the reason we go back? i think years ago i'd say i was going back for my license...not anymore.

just emailed you back, keep me posted.

Apr 15, 06 3:37 am  · 
 · 
maya mcdifference

all great reasons. i'll keep you posted... likewise.

Apr 15, 06 4:02 am  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

good decision MArch06, i wish i had that much presence of mind when i was applying back in the day.

shaybug, if you go back to my posts, i think i never say i hated UCLA. I just did not like the m.archI program was structured and the general 'school of thought' of the school. Anyways to each his/her own, and as i mentioned before, you guys have done/are doing a lot more research that i had done, so you probably know much more about these schools than i did before applying.

Apr 15, 06 4:49 am  · 
 · 
eion

good decision!
see you this fall.

Apr 15, 06 9:50 pm  · 
 · 

hey, I'll see you perhaps at Berk in the fall...
I'll be there.

Apr 15, 06 11:55 pm  · 
 · 
baker

MArch06 -

i choose cal - i wouldn't have unless i had gone back alone to visit on the monday following the open house

see you in the fall

Apr 17, 06 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
MArch n' unemployed

good to hear. are you option 1,2 or 3...forgive me if you've told me already, my brain is overloaded

Apr 17, 06 2:20 pm  · 
 · 
baker

*chose*

option two

see you in august

Apr 17, 06 2:38 pm  · 
 · 
MArch n' unemployed

ah...1 yr just isn't enough time.

Apr 17, 06 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
archicraft

If any of you new Berkeley kids want to meet current students, theres a group of them meeting this summer, working on outside design projects. It'd be a good way to get to know some people from the program and stay creative during the summer. Just email me for details.

Jul 12, 06 8:52 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: