Archinect
anchor

Mid-West Schools

mkell

I looked at University of Kansas' M.Arch program over my spring break and I liked it alot. I can really see myself going there, but I would like to see some other arch schools in addition. I really want to stay in the mid west (in St. Louis now). Who has some good programs around me that would be worth while to look at? Thanks!

Matt

Apr 2, 06 9:25 pm
mkell

Also, I forgot to mention that I am a junior in H.S.

Apr 2, 06 9:26 pm  · 
 · 
Doug Johnston

Drury University in Springfield, MO might be worth a look. They have changed quite a bit from when i was there, and not really for the better, but they still have some great people in the faculty and its a nice little school. Springfield has become a good town to be in also. Its not high profile by any means but you might go check it out.

Apr 2, 06 9:33 pm  · 
 · 
do_arch

I would head up to Chicago and check out UIC and IIT

Apr 2, 06 9:45 pm  · 
 · 
Adam1984

Currently I am attending Lawrence Technological University and really like it here. It's located in Southfield, MI, which is close to Detroit. Its a smaller unversity, which is why I chose it. You get a good amount of theory courses, and practice courses. You take 2 years of construction documentation, and 4 years of design. Most of the professors are practicing architects, and have good ideas. I don't know, its something to check out.

www.ltu.edu

Apr 2, 06 9:55 pm  · 
 · 
deluganmeisslfan

Since you are in HS, do you want to do architecture for undergrad because you said you were looking at their M.Arch.

Both Kansas schools are good options. Washington in St. Louis is strong as well. If you want to go a little further, then U. of Michigan, UT Austin and Rice are really strong schools. Oklahoma St. from what I've heard would be a good option. UIC and IIT are worth looking at in addition.

Figure out if you want to do a 5 year undergrad or a 4+2 degree. Both have their advantages but do some searches on here to learn more about each.

Apr 2, 06 10:14 pm  · 
 · 

i chose washu from high school b/c it had architecture but the way its structured, you're not locked into architecture until your soph or junior year. (i had this conversation with my mom today in light of figuring out how to choose a grad school from the ones i've been accepted to, and i was asking her to jog my memory as far as why i liked washu so much and what made me choose to go there for undergrad. and i suppose as an indecisive high school student who liked architecture but wasn't sure what it would be like in reality, the option of not being wed to the program was attractive at the time.) but washu undergrad architecture was fab. i stuck with it. duh.

Apr 2, 06 11:40 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: