Archinect
anchor

LA Taco-Graphy

Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

Check this out ....

Apr 2, 06 4:51 pm
iterati

I am considering leaving New York now b/c of this. This city cannot!!! do mexican food at all. Why?

I would pay $15 for two tacos that look as good as some of the tacos on the page looked. DAMN!!!

Apr 2, 06 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
crillywazzy

mmm... tacos. thanks for this link. the thought of living in la is a horrible one should i someday get accepted to sciarc, but this kind of taco living could take a little bit of the pain away.

Apr 2, 06 5:50 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

we love tacos...

Apr 2, 06 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
dia

I went to one near Gehry's office in/near Santa Monica. Can't remember what its called, although the Gehry staff seemed to frequent it alot. I remember walking near some Playboy office.

It was good - anyone got a name/location for me?

Apr 2, 06 10:11 pm  · 
 · 
AP

Burrito Brothers, Gainesville, FL

mmmmmmm.

Apr 2, 06 11:13 pm  · 
 · 
AP

^ I recommend the "primo bean and bean" double-wrapped...
black beans, pinto beans, cheese, sour cream, special sauce, extra tortilla to protect from breakage...there might be some lettuce in there too... so good...

Apr 2, 06 11:16 pm  · 
 · 
AP

and vado, after eating one of these, you quickly become a flying burrito brother...

Apr 2, 06 11:17 pm  · 
 · 
newstreamlinedmodel

Shit, I'm eating a slice of crappy-ass New Jersy Pizza as I read this.

What exactly are those psychotic red-necks trying to keep out with their stupid fence? No Anmesty for who?

I say if people want to come up to New York and work hard over a hot grill to undermine our culturial lunch/ late night drunk values with cheap delicious carne assada (with a lime and some celantro and some o' them ciebolitas on the side) we oughta be building a damn escalator.

Apr 3, 06 12:04 am  · 
 · 

diabase, i think you might have gone to gallegos mexican deli. yes they are the best in west side los angeles. they have moved to mar vista, near centinella & venice blvds. yum. i went there yesterday. even thats not where you've gone, here is gallegos in their new not so charming location without the patio.

Apr 3, 06 12:34 am  · 
 · 
strugs

Ha --

This is actually one of the reasons I am considering UCLA -- that's a good reason, right? I was trying to do some research on the program the other day, and after a long spell of ADD-inspired web browsing (subconsciously guided by my obsession with tacos) I somehow ended up on that exact site you linked to.

The low cost of school with both in-state tuition and every meal at a taco truck would hard to beat...

Apr 3, 06 12:42 am  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

Well, if you are considering CCA or Berkeley, consider this

Apr 3, 06 1:46 am  · 
 · 
dia

Orhan,

Thats the place. I remember the patio...

Apr 3, 06 2:02 am  · 
 · 
dia

ps: this was back in 2002.

Apr 3, 06 2:02 am  · 
 · 
mdler

as much as Mdler loves his tacos, a good slice of pizza in LA is hard to find

Apr 3, 06 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

oh my god vado that reference...

you are The One.

Apr 3, 06 8:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: