Archinect
anchor

It's the Lawd's Day: Don't Sin, Here's a Reason to Beat up on Brad Pitt Today.

MysteryMan

[Brad]Pitt will narrate a series on environmentally friendly structures and sustainable architecture in June on public television.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12111224/

What else am I gonna do, I just ran out of booze.

Apr 2, 06 1:06 pm
Hasselhoff

I love the picture they have of Brad. What is that, Interview with a Vampire? Use something recent, JEEZ.

Apr 2, 06 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

At least a bloodied face from 'Fight Club'.

Apr 2, 06 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
tagalong

It seems to me that there is too quick a rally to be up in arms about something like this...instead of of complaining about how someone is corporate / hollywood / popular america or whatever perhaps it could be a good thing. Someone who mass america idols is going to talk about architecture and sustainability something that most people have no clue about and this is a way to inform them of issues that we as architects think really matters.

Apr 2, 06 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I'm with you, tagalong. I'm glad Brad is trying to contribute to a greater awareness of architecture/sustainability/built environment affecting life etc.

And I submit he will be significantly more successful in this endeavor if his narration includes appearing onscreen shirtless, continuoulsy throughout the program, in a little box in the corner of the screen, turning and flexing and licking his lips. Or maybe the buildings/interviews with architects etc. should occur in the little box, and Brad can take up the main portion of the screen instead. Huge audience potential!

Apr 2, 06 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
AlecBaldwin

I hope Brad sticks it out. How the public views,uses, and can influence North American Architecture is important.

It may not be as easy a thing to do as what Bono is doing, but it could shift (if only a little) mass culture to consider what some Architects are doing.

At least he's entering a dialogue into greater issues. He could do nothing at all, which is what most people chose to do.

Apr 2, 06 2:57 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

No, I'm with you guys. Celebrities make things happen, for better or worse (see Britney Spears and Marilyn Manson). I'm all for it. If Brad can make architecture more popular among the commoners then that means more jobs for us. I just thought it was a funny picture to use. It kind of goes back to my "Architects' promo photo" blog entry.

Apr 2, 06 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

Some days I just wake up -n- say: "I wanna get my posts deleted." Sorry, Brad.

Apr 2, 06 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

P.S. There are a lot of famous people on here now. Brad, Dave, Alec. We're all taking over. Cross platform. Maybe Brad can convince my mom that she doesn't want siding and dormers on her retirement home. My mom seems to never listen to me. I always get her on the time she asked me why her pond was so cloudy and I told her (being a geologist and working in the environmental realm) that there were too many nitrates in the pond, probably from too many fish, that she should test it and either get a better filter, get rid of some fish, or make the pond bigger. I go with her to the greenhouse and she asks the guy. What does he tell her? The exact same thing! There are hundreds of those examples. So Brad, please educate my mom!

Apr 2, 06 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

hey liberty whats that thing that brad has that most guys don't? u know where his love handles should be???

Apr 2, 06 3:21 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

My friend and I termed that the Brad Pitt Fight Club crotch muscle. We tried to get that when we went to the gym. I had it for like 4 days.

Apr 2, 06 3:29 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

Maybe they should just project the building images right onto his pecs as he speaks to the camera barechested

Apr 2, 06 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
AlecBaldwin

I'm quite interested in seeing what the E2 program is about.
Hopefully he presents the case that there's a way to push NA into sustainable practice without creating buildings that have to have LEED, or look like their sustainable to actually perform sustainably.
We are able to create beautiful contemporary work, while making it sustainable.

I think the public already recognizes what architecture in NA is - something either Gehryesque, something "weird looking", or something that's not for them.

The practice has done it to itself (with exceptions)- favored the practice of chasing something which dwells outside of the public scope and by turning a blind eye to how the populace really lives - through the marketplace, mass culture, and something that is economically in reach.

Creating an advertisment for NA Architecture is a bad thing (considering Architectures track record of social neglegence)... but spreading an awareness of what the possibilities are, might stir things up on both sides.

Apr 2, 06 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
Suture

Brad Pitt's crotch muscle is speaking about sustainability?

This surely must signal that the rapture is upon us!

Apr 2, 06 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Building images projected right on Brad Pitt's chest?!? Jeeeeeeezus myriam I love the way you think (though that show would be my downfall, man....).

vado it's the "iliac furrow", the trench of muscle above the iliac crest.

Apr 2, 06 6:41 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

Oh those bones, oh those bones,
oh those skeleton bones.
oh those skeleton bones.
oh those skeleton bones.
Oh mercy how they scare!

With the toe bone connected
to the foot bone,
and the foot bone connected
to the ankle bone,
and the ankle bone connected
to the leg bone.
Oh mercy how they scare!

oh those skeleton bones.
oh those skeleton bones.
oh those skeleton bones.
Oh mercy how they scare!

With the leg bone connected
to the knee bone,
and the knee bone connected
to the thigh bone,
and the thigh bone connected
to the hip bone.
Oh mercy how they scare!

oh those skeleton bones.
oh those skeleton bones.
oh those skeleton bones.
Oh mercy how they scare!

With the hip bone connected
to the back bone,
and the back bone connected
to the neck bone,
and the neck bone connected
to the head bone,
Oh mercy how they scare!

oh those skeleton bones.
oh those skeleton bones.
oh those skeleton bones.
Oh mercy how they scare!

With the finger bone connected
to the hand bone,
and the hand bone connected
to the arm bone,
and the arm bone connected
to the shoulder bone,
Oh mercy how they scare!

oh those skeleton bones.
oh those skeleton bones.
oh those skeleton bones.
Oh mercy how they scare!

With the shoulder bone connected
to the back bone,
and the back bone connected
to the neck bone,
and the neck bone connected
to the head bone.
Oh mercy how they scare!

Original Version:
E-ze-kiel cried, "Dem dry bones!"
Oh hear the word of the Lord.

(tune ascends up in half steps, as in midi)

The foot bone con-nected to the (pause) leg-bone,
The leg bone connected to the (') knee bone,
The knee bone connected to the (') thigh bone,
The thigh bone connected to the (') back bone,
The back bone connected to the (') neck bone
The neck bone connected to the (') head bone
Oh hear the word of the Lord!

Dem bones, dem bones gon-na walk a-roun'
Dem bones, dem bones gon-na walk a-roun'
Dem bones, dem bones gonna walk aroun'
Oh hear the word of the Lord

(tune descends in half steps and we retrace the body)

The head-bone connected to the neck-bone,
the neck-bone connected to the back-bone
The backbone connected to the thigh-bone
the thighbone connected to the kee-bone
the kneebone connected to the leg bone
the leg bone connected to the foot bone
Oh hear the word of the Lord

Apr 2, 06 6:55 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i'd settle for a lilac furrow...

Apr 2, 06 7:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: