Archinect
anchor

How can I integrate a 3D model into a video?

mengus

Hello All,

I am working on a urban design project and would like to integrate elements from my 3D model into a video clip.  The video comprises of a shot through a car window of a streetscape and my 3D model (from rhino) contains certain design elements along the same street that I would like to integrate into the video clip, to create the perception that these design elements exist in reality.  If possible, I would like to have the playback in real time and create a slow motion effect when the design elements are in view to highlight, graphically, information about the designs.  Is this at all possible or am I biting more than I can chew?  Thanks for your time, if you any of this is unclear, please feel free to ask questions for clarification.

M

Jan 31, 12 1:07 am
curtkram

set a camera at more or less the same path and speed as the car and create an animation with a green screen background then put it over the video in a video editing program such as Adobe Premier.  It's been a long time since I've done something like this, so Premier is probably obsolete.  Good luck.

Jan 31, 12 9:32 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: