Archinect
anchor

boo to rendering... yay to games

tzenyujuei

after all the 3D modeling and computer mumbo-jumbo... i realized that i just miss playing computer games. let someone else render these virtual wonderlands for me, i just want to sit back an enjoy. oh the good old days of counter-strike and starcraft...

Mar 29, 06 8:48 pm
sulljoh1

I know what you mean. A fellow student and I even made a counter-strike map of the building.

We actually learned a good deal about how a historic building was constructed, and of course resolve our sleep-deprived frustrations by blowing it up our studio in the virtual realm.

Mar 29, 06 10:34 pm  · 
 · 
Heather Ring
Mar 30, 06 2:02 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

I learned a lot about 3D programs by making maps for Halflife. I made an airplane. It was sweet.

Mar 30, 06 2:44 pm  · 
 · 

When I first learned CAD and was doing it professionally (April 1983), a lot of people (other architects) used to say, "You most really like video games." "Actually, I never played a video game in my life." Believe it or not, the part about my never having played a video game is still true.

Mar 30, 06 3:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: