Archinect
anchor

HGTV's "Small Space, Big Style" seeks Design Experts!

SSBS

Hey all,

I work on a series called "Small Space, Big Style," which features very small and stylish homes and the people who live there. We have completed production on Seasons 1 and 2, which began airing weekly on HGTV (80 millions US Households) on Thurs August 4, 2005. We are now getting ready to film 39 more episodes!

An important part of each episode is the expert commentary, in which an expert discusses on camera some of the cool features of each home, giving the viewers tips about why these features or techniques are good ideas in tiny homes, or some alternative solutions to small space problems. We are looking for super energetic, fun people who can make interior design and architecture really interesting to our audience and add spark to the series.

This website is obviously a fabulous resource for young, hip, up and coming architects-- exactly the sort of people we want to talk to! If you would like more information on how to be considered as an expert for Small Space, Big Style, or if I can answer any other questions for you, please email me at [email protected]

Thanks!
Lauren

PS- We are also always seeking stylish, efficient homes that are under 1000 sq ft. You can email us at the same address if you have any projects that you'd like featured on the series! All projects must be completed and currently be lived in.

Mar 28, 06 7:21 pm
some person

Brainbox is a talent agency recruiting on Archinect and other message boards?

...hrmmm

Mar 28, 06 8:19 pm  · 
 · 
vman

HGTV's "Small Space, Big Style" VS. Columbia

...had to do it.

Mar 28, 06 8:38 pm  · 
 · 
tagalong

Well where is there more cred given?

1. I went to Columbia.

2. I was an expert on HGTV.

Mar 28, 06 9:06 pm  · 
 · 
ether

fess up. how many of you are going to email this woman?

Mar 28, 06 11:38 pm  · 
 · 
Cameron

daily.

for tagalong --

1. I owe $70K in loans and the general public does not respects me

2. I make $70K a year, I'm loved by middle America and get paid to open Target stores

Mar 29, 06 8:54 am  · 
 · 
waxwings

hmmm

young, hip and up and coming architect = expert

Mar 29, 06 11:34 am  · 
 · 

Anyone know if this show has started yet? I get HGTv but after 15mins watching it I feel like a I want to drill holes in my head

Mar 31, 07 6:52 pm  · 
 · 
AbrahamNR

It's been going on for a while. It's actually pretty cool.

Mar 31, 07 7:38 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

make no small spaces. they do not stir the billable hours of architects.

Mar 31, 07 8:21 pm  · 
 · 
binary

come to detroit..... i'll give you a tour......and i'll give you a t-shirt

b

Mar 31, 07 8:47 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

i hope they dont do background checks...there are some incriminating photos of the Mdler out there

Mar 31, 07 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
WtfWtfWtf™

I hereby nominate my place...... and you are going to have to find me.
It's Under 900 SF.

Mar 31, 07 9:23 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

whoa! sounds great, sent in my resume...

i'm especially awaiting the episode (#3.11: i'm a f*cking douchebag, don't forget my double mochafrappasoylatte.) where the principle effectively bankrupts the homeowner, contractor, metalworker, cabinetmaker, et al. because he's such an efficient manager. (pencils down! we're burning fee! we're ruined! i won't be able to remodel - hey, look at this swiss detail - zumthor's a genius!)

Mar 31, 07 9:34 pm  · 
 · 
binary

macs or pc's....thats the real question

Mar 31, 07 10:01 pm  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

so your saying GSD is better then si-arc? and you would like to have 3-d honeycomb special on HGTV? sounds like a good idea.

Apr 1, 07 12:13 am  · 
 · 

what pray tell have i unleashed??

Apr 1, 07 12:23 am  · 
 · 
snooker

ode fogy....does one have to know how to sketch to go to work with your firm....or pic colors?

Apr 1, 07 11:20 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Can I use my name there ?

Kill the Tower.

Apr 1, 07 3:02 pm  · 
 · 

i think you should apply, vindpust. and wear those crazy glasses to the audition. you'd be a shoo-in.

Apr 2, 07 7:08 am  · 
 · 

I just want to point out the fact that it is because of propaganda like HGTV that our profession is quickly becoming more trivialized. I talk to the everyday joe on a frequent level, and whenever design is brought up in an conversation I automatically get some sort of reply regarding how cool it is to watch that channel and if thats what we do. I for one will never contribute to this. I guess is just one of those things that kind of pisses me off.

Apr 2, 07 10:05 am  · 
 · 
mdler

Huanmic

I just want to point out the fact that it is because of lack of propaganda from our professional organazations (AIA) that our profession is quickly becoming more trivialized.

Apr 2, 07 12:57 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Vado

Write the architecture theme song

Apr 2, 07 12:57 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

"Fuck this Fucking Place" sounds like an architect version of Office Space/The Office. Except i imagine it would only be funny to us. Still, great title for a show though.

Apr 2, 07 1:19 pm  · 
 · 
CBlack

hello I am a student and my final year project is about design for minimum spaces so can you please tell me the problems that people living in small spaces face?

Nov 10, 11 7:26 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: