Archinect
anchor

My project manager is constantly flirting with me.

atomic

Should I go for it?

Mar 27, 06 4:08 pm
MArch n' unemployed

hot?

Mar 27, 06 4:10 pm  · 
 · 
babs

You've got to give us LOTS more detail .....

Mar 27, 06 4:12 pm  · 
 · 
atomic

He went to Cornell and he wears those round tortoise shell glasses - total hottie, but I don't want to get fired if he turns out to be a big asshole

Mar 27, 06 4:14 pm  · 
 · 

hot as these guys?

Mar 27, 06 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
MArch n' unemployed

wow. you're a female, now i feel gross

Mar 27, 06 4:16 pm  · 
 · 
atomic

Thanks a lot, March Never :/

Mar 27, 06 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
MArch n' unemployed

gross that i asked you if HE was hot...i thought we were talking she.

anyway, i hooked up with someone i worked with. horrible move and she was an equal. work can be bad snough sometimes, you don't need that drama.

Mar 27, 06 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
grid

hot PM vs. abstinence

Mar 27, 06 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Think long term - you know architects don't earn that much, don't you?

Mar 27, 06 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Long term schlong term, I say if he's hot and he's into you, go for it. Office romance is underrated. Drink a little too much at an office party, say something interesting and get back to us.

And yes I said "schlong".

Mar 27, 06 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
AP

well, if he has a long term schlong, definitely go for it...

Mar 27, 06 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
grid

ditto

Mar 27, 06 5:38 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

tortoise shell glasses...making overeducated undersocialized introverted male architects attractive to women ten years their junior since 1926

Mar 27, 06 5:47 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

what about all these eligible and talented people on archinect that you could choose from???

Mar 27, 06 7:15 pm  · 
 · 

vado, i think you should see if they'll let you put that picture on your business card.

Mar 27, 06 7:21 pm  · 
 · 
inkwray

Is this the same guy that wants you to do coke with him? I say no but thats because i'm a good boy.

Mar 27, 06 7:24 pm  · 
 · 
inkwray

I have a habit of not dating in the workplace. or at school. Kind of limits the options....

Mar 27, 06 7:25 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

perhaps when i go open up the branch office in gay paree where monsier lewis gets his adieu...

Mar 27, 06 7:31 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

AP, you rocked this thread the best. Definitely the correct answer. Heeheehee!

And WonderK is right, the most important thing is not that you worry about dating in the workplace, but that you come here and tell us all about it.

Mar 27, 06 7:37 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

dont date in the workplace but definitely have sex in the workplace...

Mar 27, 06 7:42 pm  · 
 · 
ether

do i dare compare?

Mar 27, 06 9:49 pm  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

relationships in the work place.... .. dangerous ..

keep it up ... when you get sick of him ... sue him !! ..

hoohahahahahah ( evil laugh)

Mar 27, 06 11:53 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

The economy is great - go for it and if it doesn't work out... get a new job. You'll probably make more money, which should compensate for the heartbreak and irritation of a relationship gone bad.

Mar 28, 06 12:36 am  · 
 · 

yes to the sex, no to the coke. Where else are you supposed to meet them?

Mar 28, 06 1:43 am  · 
 · 
J3

Like sporadic said..."relationships in the work place.... ..dangerous.."
My dad always warned me about this...and 12 years later I've given in. I would be very careful and set the rules early on! DO NOT BRING THE RELATIONSHIP INTO THE OFFICE! ..."good morning...good night...type thing...keep it professional...
God forbid you get into a nasty fight and you have to see that person at the office every day!

Mar 28, 06 10:29 am  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

"good morning...good night...type thing...keep it professional..."

a bit malechauvanist, but can we keep it 'wham bam, thank you mam' kind of deal?

Mar 28, 06 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

atomic, I've been thinking a little about this thread. I doubt you made a serious inquiry, but just in case: keep in mind that in an awful lot of male/female interactions, flirting is just status quo. I think a lot of men don't really know how to relate to women without some flirtatious edge, and before everyone jumps on me as a chauvanist (sp?) I'll admit that as a woman I am guilty of the exact same thing.

Flirting is fun, makes everyone feel good, and lightens up the workday. Granted if it gets out of hand it is not fun, can make everyone feel uncomfortable, and lead to lawsuits which make the workplace fairly dreary I imagine.

But if you're friendly with the people at work and everyone respects each other's boundaries and relationship realities, flirting is simple fun that doesn't lead to anything else.

Imagine how embarassed you'd be if you "went for it" only to find that your PM recoils in horror because he's married etc. and suddenly fears a lawsuit! I say flirt right back and leave it at that - and if it starts to make you uncomfortable or appears to make him so, say something like "Sorry, I think I crossed a line, it won't happen again!" and get back to the task at hand.

Now crucify me everyone if you think I'm wrong. I'll try to take you seriously and not flirt back in response ;)

Mar 28, 06 6:05 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

liberty bell -- THAT is the correct response. would y'all agree that flirting is an end unto itself probably 75% of the time?

i'm pretty dense. i can tell when i'm flirting but maybe not when others are. but i would imagine that when most people flirt most of the time, the satisfaction is just in the validation...that you can elicit a favorable reaction from someone who elicits a favorable reaction from you.

it's pretty cheap satisfaction, and when i say that i mean it in a positive way. it doesn't cost you any real commitment or emotional currency.

now, when flirting for fun transmogrifies into flirting with a purpose...i'm no expert on that one.

Mar 28, 06 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
ElTomas

im thinking a quickie in the model making room never hurt anyone :)

Mar 28, 06 7:08 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Mmmmhmmm, ochona: cheap satisfaction, sounds great!!!!

I'm only flirting!

Mar 28, 06 7:36 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i used to think that to el tomas. until the day when someone forgot to replace the cap on the xacto knife...

Mar 28, 06 7:39 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

My guess is flirting is more enjoyable then a destined-to-be-failed relationship and a lost job.

It's raining here and I don't feel like being adventurous.

Mar 28, 06 7:42 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I'm pretty good at flirting until the guy does something that I find particularly alluring - one can never quite tell with me - and then it goes from flirting to "what was that? does he like me? should I pass him a note?", and other typical nonsense. Yeah. But it's fun while it lasts.

Mar 28, 06 8:49 pm  · 
 · 
outed

you all made my day with this thread.

well, actually getting one of my clients to finally pay us really made my day, but this is a damn good nightcap.

i'll second any notion that says there's flirting - which we all do to some degree and is directly towards almost everyone equally (although some are more equal than others) - and 'flirting', which is so much more exclusionary, fun, mind absorbing, etc. sex without the contact. so, if you're in the 'flirting' mode with this p.m., then figure out how long you can hold the tease before you go 'jungle fever' all over the drafting board....

Mar 28, 06 9:51 pm  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

i dont flirt, ... i'm just too social ...

Mar 29, 06 3:53 am  · 
 · 
manamana

bump to juxtapose and remind, given atomic's new thread.

PS - yes, I know it's just someone yanking our chains. it's still funny.

Apr 4, 06 5:44 pm  · 
 · 
e909

not to worry, this is the flirting thread now.
~~~~~~~~~~
so wonderk, just go ahead and pass me that note. i may not be super long term, but i'm long enough.

can't be sued here. ;-)

Apr 11, 06 7:11 am  · 
 · 
snooker

Go ATOMIC ON HIM!

Apr 11, 06 7:17 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

I thought we were done with this ?

http://www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=P36556_0_42_0_C

Apr 11, 06 7:26 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

I thought we were done with this ?

http://www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=P36556_0_42_0_C

Apr 11, 06 7:27 am  · 
 · 
Auguste Perret

atomic - it's been three weeks, have you gone for it?
Oh, you mention he is constant flirting with you . . . do you flirt back?

Apr 11, 06 3:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: