Archinect
anchor

House Flood Protection Design

HAY

I am doing a project, and I am trying to compare some house flood protection products in the market. It seems like there are a wide variety of products that varies greatly in both the amount of protection they offer, and the prices.

How much(as a % of the house value) would be a competitive price for a self activating protection product that can sustain a 6ft flood??

Mar 21, 06 4:41 pm
snooker

Hummm....1,000 Amazon Women rent for Say $100.00 per hours and well floods don't last that long so I would Buget $1,000.00 and amorize it over 100 years.

Mar 21, 06 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
RankStranger

FEMA has guidelines for building in a floodplain. We did a boathouse where we had to allow water to come into the building during floodtimes (open the floodgates so to speak). Could look there. Housepeople may not like water purposefully coming into their building, especially 6'! Ditto stilts. Or what they do in hurricane country is put the garage on the bottom with columns. Inbetween the columns are walls designed to fall down if confronted with a wall of water. Thinking about it though, sounds like your car would not fare to well.

Mar 21, 06 7:37 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: