Archinect
anchor

Architecture Cartoons ..

sporadic supernova

Alright ppl ...

lets see the funniest architecture based cartoons you've got ..

Mar 13, 06 1:53 am
sporadic supernova

I'll start ....

in case of creative drought ... break glass

Mar 13, 06 1:54 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

ahhh .. here's my favorite one ... from dilbert ..

sigh .....

Mar 13, 06 2:20 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore
Mar 13, 06 2:25 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

sporadic.

My all time fav arch cartoon story is Asterix & Cleopatra.

It's all abt an arch design competition between Caesar and Cleopatra

Cleopatra's official architect..his name is edifis(edifice ) and his rival architect( caesar's appointed ) is named artifice

Cleopatra tells edifis that if he doesnt finish the project he "will be thrown to the sacred crocodiles" and if he does he will be covered in gold.( the irony here in being covered in gold is that Edifis is shorter than asterix in height.)

lovely metaphor on the risks and rewards in our profession.

P.S check out the design of edifis's own house.

A hilarious comic satire abt the state of our profession today...dont miss it.

Mar 13, 06 4:03 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

Yep ... i remember that one pretty well ..

in fact , i was considering doing my disertation on "architectural education through Asterix comics" ... but found out someone else had alredy done it .!!

Mar 13, 06 5:16 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore
Mar 13, 06 5:20 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

"Henry will play Godzilla in this dramatic rendering of the design's structural integrity"

Mar 13, 06 5:22 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

hmmm .. so is it gonna be just nevermore and me ? .. so be it ... haha

Mar 15, 06 11:58 pm  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova
Mar 15, 06 11:58 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

Oh man I looooove that Asterix. The movie version from 2002 is suprisingly not bad, too!

My fave Asterix moment though has to be the scene in the British one where the Romans are hard at fighting the Brits until all of a sudden a little bell tinkles and the Brits just stop fighting and sit down. The Romans are totally confounded. "Hey! What are you doing?! Stand back up and fight us again!" etc. etc. until a Brit explains that it is tea-time, and won't the Romans come join them? So they all sit around on little campstools drinking...... hot water, because no one has discovered tea yet. HA! When tea-time is over they all get back up, "right-ho, back to fighting!" and get right back to it. So good!

...sorry, not architectural, though.

Mar 16, 06 12:28 am  · 
 · 
myriam
Mar 16, 06 12:34 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore
Mar 16, 06 3:41 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore
Mar 16, 06 3:41 am  · 
 · 

[bump]

I've been watching venture brothers...had to get architectural fix too

Aug 12, 08 8:45 pm  · 
 · 
Aug 28, 08 11:51 am  · 
 · 
PROPHET OF DOOM
Aug 28, 08 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
quizzical
Aug 28, 08 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

Aug 28, 08 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
quizzical
Aug 28, 08 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio
Aug 28, 08 5:44 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio
Aug 28, 08 5:46 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

i've been searching for a far side cartoon that i thought was pretty good.

there's a wasp contractor with plans for a nest. speaking to the clients, "if you like the design, i can have work crews mixing wood pulp and saliva by monday" (or something similar)

Aug 28, 08 6:00 pm  · 
 · 
babs

Loosely "architecture based" ...

Aug 28, 08 7:27 pm  · 
 · 
John Cline

I can't find it at the moment, but there is one that shows multiple views of a rope swing (think tire on the end). The commentary for each view describes what each individual (client, contractor, architect, etc) involved in the project ideas of the end product.

Aug 28, 08 7:49 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio
Aug 28, 08 8:13 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

a planning cartoon

Aug 28, 08 8:16 pm  · 
 · 
John Cline

thanks Emilio. That's along the same lines and helped me find the one I saw originally. It doesn't reference an architect but you get the idea.

original

Aug 28, 08 8:30 pm  · 
 · 
David Cuthbert
Aug 30, 08 3:14 am  · 
 · 
David Cuthbert
Aug 30, 08 3:46 am  · 
 · 

arthur that is pure brilliance....I love it.

Aug 30, 08 7:38 pm  · 
 · 
stone
Sep 5, 08 11:12 am  · 
 · 

Thanks to Easy2Upload.net - Free Image Hosting Service for Free image hosting

Sep 17, 08 1:15 am  · 
 · 

this one is a bit of a classic

for larger size

Sep 19, 08 2:18 am  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

Alright... looking for a hilarious architecture cartoon cerca 2004... cannot remember the name for the life of me. Might of had a relationship with archvoices...??? Bueller.... Anyone?   

Oh... and I don't see it in this list unless it's one of the old broken links. 

May 26, 16 11:34 pm  · 
 · 

wurdan, can you give us a little more info?! What was the topic/appearance of the comic?

In the meantime I'll post this one, just substitute "building" for "art opening".

May 27, 16 9:14 am  · 
 · 

I remember one called architorture but now when I look it up that's a tumblr blog with gifs. I remember it being a cartoon in the style of some ecards - sort of vintage style people cut outs. The guy who did it had gone to Dalhousie but was working in Calgary I believe. Maybe that's what you were thinking of WF?

May 27, 16 11:52 am  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

^ Yes! That sounds exactly right. I remember it as black and white with a 3 box layout. The humor was even similar to the vintage cards... like

May 27, 16 2:06 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: