Archinect
anchor

thermal imagery

IADR

hey guys.
Could anyone tell me how to get a thermal imagery "effect" on either 3d max/photoshop/illustrator.

or is there any programme i could download that i could put a design from 3d max into and place it under a certain condition and see its heat output?

cheers. IADR

Mar 12, 06 12:22 pm
manamana

depends, do you want to fake it or is this for something vaguely scientific?

I know I've seen downloadable maya shaders that produce the IR effect, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to cobble something together for max...color ramp from blue to green to yellow to orange to red....

but if you actually want to see simulated IR data, you'll need an engineering app like ansys or something.

bizzare side note: a while back my father got ahold of an actual high end IR camera (it was for his business, he works in plastics). I played with it a bit...very cool stuff. take a picture of something and know the temperature down to a tenth of a degree... take a picture of your hand and see the bones because they're slightly cooler than the surrounding flesh.

Mar 12, 06 8:29 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

In Max there is the one exposure control, I think it's false color or something. It's to show lighting quantity, but it looks like thermal if you just want predator vision. If you want actual thermal simulation, I don't know.

Mar 12, 06 8:35 pm  · 
 · 
todd

solidworks is a program which can give stress results. not too bad of a learning curve to get started......

Mar 12, 06 9:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: