Archinect
anchor

I am moving!

J3

For those of you with a passion for your car this is the perfect solution...http://www.carloft.de/
I wonder if they'll allow a lift up there...change my oil...ec.

Mar 9, 06 5:30 pm
J3

[ul=http://www.carloft.de/]here[/url]

Mar 9, 06 5:31 pm  · 
 · 

man that fits right in with a project i'm doing for a housing studio. nice post. got anything similar?

Mar 10, 06 12:48 am  · 
 · 
SuperHeavy

5, i think LTL might've done something with drive up apts., but going to bed now so won't look right now.

take luck

Mar 10, 06 12:51 am  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

it is cool, but it's nothing new. I remember seeing an apartment section a few years ago with a similar car lift, park next to your 40th floor apartment idea. With this one however, the car is right outside your patio door. I guess I just don't like looking at my slowly aging car anymore, but I sure would like a constant viewing of my Austin Vanquish like they have on the webpage (first sign that I can't afford these apartments).

Actually I'm more pleased with the website design itself (clean and simple flash) and I'm excited about the different layouts. If you find the page with the floor plan, you get a blank unit plan where you can mix and match different living/sleeping/utility arrangements. This is really quite interesting, and if the unit has true ease of changing then it's a great example of flexible and multi-use architecture...

Mar 10, 06 10:03 am  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

BTW, Take luck? What will be saying next, good care? Come on SH.

Mar 10, 06 10:04 am  · 
 · 
SuperHeavy

lemme help you out dud.

you too!

Mar 10, 06 11:03 am  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

Looks like an idea from Mad magazine circa the 70's. (The usual gang of idiots were way ahead of their time.)

Mar 11, 06 1:25 am  · 
 · 
NSJ

Yep, LTL has their park tower, though its predicated on hydrogen fuel cell vehicles that you wouldn't mind parked in the hallway.

Lots of garages here in NYC have lifts for the cars. Ramps are waste of valuable space. Wouldn't want to live in any of those garages though.

Mar 11, 06 7:56 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: