Archinect
anchor

Todd Williams & Billie Tsien writing

StuntPilot

Anyone know where I might find the 'Slowness' essay/manifesto written awhile ago by them? or any other architect/designer manifestos for that matter.

Mar 6, 06 11:24 pm
general acres

last time i looked, it was on their website. umich releases publications for some of the lectures they have there. it might be published there.

slowness is a great piece of writing in my opinion

Mar 7, 06 12:26 am  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

i have it. email me.

Mar 7, 06 12:34 am  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)
heres a link for anyone else
Mar 7, 06 1:40 pm  · 
 · 

Boy, they really are slow. I was experiencing, thinking and writing about the same stuff back in 1983 and the years immediately after. I found whole new uses for my quondam drawing equipment. I started making art while the computer aided my drawing of architecture. See also Stephen Lauf, "Three-Dimensional Model of Center-City Philadelphia" in Drawing Toward Building: Philadelphia Architectural Graphics, 1732-1986 (Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986), p. 263-64.

Mar 7, 06 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
the cellardoor whore

but quickly boring
we must take time, contemplate the tree, what is the tree, what does the tree want to be, what do we want the tree to be, what is it for the tree to be, what is to be and who are we and the tree

Mar 7, 06 3:44 pm  · 
 · 
PROPHET OF DOOM
Mar 7, 06 4:02 pm  · 
 · 
southpole

by the way Tod get very upset went people spell his name incorrectly- I have heard the T-O_D not T O D D drill many times-
just in case he is lurking-

Mar 7, 06 5:45 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

it should be in Work Life. Also, there is a copy of the Charles and Ray Eames lecture series that they gave a few years back...dont know if it has parts of 'slowness' in it, but worth a read

Mar 7, 06 6:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: