Archinect
anchor

Architects in India?

antisprawl

The generation of architects that followed Corbusier and Kahn in India largely worked within the framework established by these masters, in the literal sense of the word. While Balkrishna Doshi, Charles Correa, Raj Rewal etc. have left their mark, what are the challanges facing architects in India today?
As India encounters a new era, shaped both by global and internal forces, who are the architects today that are giving form to the urban environment in India today?
I would really appreciate and information on the state of contemporary architecture in India and who are the principal architects in the Indian sub-continent?

Mar 3, 06 10:07 pm
chetan

according to me, the architectural capital of india has shifted from ahmedabad, chandigarh to bangalore, where a lot of experimental architecture and varied statements are being made. notable architects
are mindspace design headed by mohe, jaisim fountainhead, kannede brothers, and of late a new bread of architects with a lot of western influences like, architecture paradigm, amoorthasiti, kiran ventakesh etc....

Mar 4, 06 3:03 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

chetan..where in bangalore ?..all i saw when i went there was post-modern bldgs done by Prestige Builders.
Yea a couple of the were nice but.

Mar 4, 06 3:10 am  · 
 · 
chetan

nevermore, when you r in bangalore, lets me show you some amazing stuff in bangalore,

Mar 4, 06 3:23 am  · 
 · 
6nuew

chetan - where do u work?

Mar 4, 06 6:49 am  · 
 · 
chetan

manu me an architect having my own firm and practising at K.R.road. howz RVCE doing and how our prof Ananthkrishna

Mar 4, 06 11:28 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: