Archinect
anchor

EPS to DWG/DXF

jackhogan

Hi, I have a lot of EPS graphics that I would like to putin autocad as editable dwgs/dxfs - anyone know how to do this? Or if I import it as raster image is there any quick way to trace it?

Thanks

Mar 3, 06 4:52 pm
trace™

illustrator can save EPS files as DWGs. You could also import into Acad and then just save as a reg Acad DWG. Either way will maintain the vectors

Mar 3, 06 5:47 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

we all left this topic for you to handle, trace.

Mar 3, 06 6:16 pm  · 
 · 
jackhogan

When i export them as dwgs from illustrator they seem to come into acad 2006 as solid hatch which is fine except i can't trim it. they're the eps images from the cd that comes with neubau welt (neubauwelt.com) which are solid black very detailed. Ideally I'd like to have them as editable outlines only - any ideas how to do this. Any way to get cad to auto trace the block of hatch as it would take weeks to manually outline them? I'm good at photoshop & acad but only getting into illustrator & indesign. All help much appreciated!

Mar 4, 06 7:03 am  · 
 · 
jackhogan

How would I go about tracing the solid black shapes in Illustrator and get rid of the fill so I only have an outline drawing, and then change those lines to autocad lines? So frustrating - Autocad needs a magic wand!

Mar 4, 06 7:14 am  · 
 · 
manamana

depending on the how the file was put together, you should be able to sort it out in illustrator before saving a .dxf or .dwg

have you tried the expand or ungroup functions in illustrator? (in the object menu)

they may need to be run more than once.

after that try selecting everything and assigning it a black stroke and a null fill.

if you can post one of the files, that would help.

Mar 4, 06 11:04 am  · 
 · 
trace™

heh

Mar 4, 06 3:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: