Archinect
anchor

American Inventor

mad+dash
http://abc.go.com/primetime/americaninventor/

I've been seeing the commercials a lot lately. Did anyone try out?

Mar 3, 06 1:36 pm
WonderK

No, but if I had known about it, I and several friends would have been all over this.

Mar 3, 06 5:23 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

I hesitated making a thread about this myself. I was a little disappointed by some of the inventions they showed in Wired. Not what I expected. Many inventions are a bit too un-serious.

Mar 3, 06 8:13 pm  · 
 · 
mad+dash

so all the tears in the commericials and the dramatic guy who gave up his kidney was more hype that anything...

Mar 4, 06 10:08 am  · 
 · 
MakeaMillion

Well this show is probably not a serious show, but I do think it can serve as a useful vehicle for real inventors to get information and to share their ideas. My favorite website on this is <a ref=http://www.americaninventorspot.com>americaninventorspot.com</a>. They have a really nice inventor's gallery where real inventors can show off their ideas. Another one that has a pretty good inventor's gallery is inventorunderground.com.

Mar 13, 06 2:45 am  · 
 · 
MakeaMillion

Oops, I meant the site:

americaninventorspot.com.

Mar 13, 06 2:46 am  · 
 · 
4arch

Anybody watch this last night? It completely sucked. Not that I expected anything great, but come on.

Mar 17, 06 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

yeah i heard it sucked too, but I didn't watch it. Someone said something about an edible snow globe, but with no water and no snow? So basically it was a cookie with an egg over it then. Dumb.

Mar 17, 06 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

"is your invention a stick" sounds like something you'd hear in a bad crit.

"is your building a duck?"

Mar 17, 06 1:31 pm  · 
 · 

i sort of half-ass watched it. i kept flipping around but had it on long enough to realize that it sucked.

granted, there were a lot of bad ideas out there. but it seemed like they were going for the american idol appeal in showing the majority of the losers just for shock value. there were all these clips with people who'd been rejected talking back to the judges giving them crap the same way people tell simon cowell that he's a jerk after they're booted off idol.

and who are the judges? there was some show on usa about inventors where karim rashid was one of the judges. that show was cooler.

Mar 17, 06 1:38 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

it's coming...

Dueling Architects

Mar 17, 06 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
4arch

Even the ones they said yes to sucked. The only one that wasn't totally lame was the sandbag filler, but even with that, how do you get enough sand in it to be able to fill the whole bag with one scoop? It might have some potential, but I'd have to see it work in a real-life situation.

Mar 17, 06 1:56 pm  · 
 · 

some of them were hilarious though. like the guy who had the paper-doll cutouts for the model car? and the guy that had the stick!

its almost worse than american idol bc in this situation, these people have spent money on developing their ideas (potentially) so they've lost more than just their ego when they're shot down.

Mar 17, 06 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
southpole

caught few minutes of the show, how about the lady with the “Bed Genie” she had paid 7k to some agency to get her invention on a book!
One of the judges told her that her invention already existed; he has it on his bed hilarious!!!

Mar 17, 06 3:12 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

what about the one looked like dolly pardon and her mom they invented sompthing with jelly beans. jury thought their invention was really gonna help women to do creative jelly bean arrangements or somthing like tahat. then came the black guy with exercise gadget and tear jerked all the judges. i think he will have sex w/ red hair judge next round ooo yea..
i thought the same, that indian guy with paper doll cut outs for cars. he shoulda won...
i think american tourister wheeled luggage inventor should get a honorary award because most inventors were hauling their shit with it.

Mar 17, 06 7:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: