Archinect
anchor

Paper Honeycomb Board

djk

Has anyone dabbled with this stuff in the States?

http://www.thermopal.de/files/pdf/Paper_honeycomb_board_E_2.pdf

I was looking for some samples and a distributor or a place to get it in the US.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mar 3, 06 10:36 am
aseid

lamcel, look em up

Mar 3, 06 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Aren't a lot of lightweight residential interior doors made of this stuff?

Mar 3, 06 1:19 pm  · 
 · 
mimo

I am not sure if this is exactly the same, but it's a green material called gridcore or sonoboard. I've built a table out of it and yes, it's used in some houses. They ceased production of it unfortunately. The link below will give you phone number you can call for scraps. Hope that helps

http://www.rainforestrelief.org/What_to_Avoid_and_Alternatives/Rainforest_Wood/What_to_Avoid_What_to_Choose/By_Tree_Species/Tropical_Woods/L/Lauan_/Alternatives.html

Mar 3, 06 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
Tim DeCoster

I can't quite tell if this is the same stuff from the picture... but basically, it is a sheet of glued honeycomb paper faced by two other sheets of paper, right? If so, it's something that I used to use when I did package design. It is produced by PACTIV (not made for the building industry, but packaging rather). An alternative producer calls it honeycell. Try google, it should turn something up.

I have also explored using the said product as a floor underlayment for acoustical separation. I'm drawing a blank on the manufacturer right now, but if you really need it, I can figure it out.

Mar 3, 06 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
e

is this it? dwr

i can't tell either.

Mar 3, 06 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
mimo

cool table e.

djk...i guess you have a variety of options, what are you using it for??

Mar 3, 06 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
ether

with honeycomb in the title per is going to be all over this.

Mar 3, 06 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
djk

I want to look at it for furniture design stuff. Low cost shelving and what not.

Mar 3, 06 4:57 pm  · 
 · 
e909

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: