Archinect
anchor

Cincinatti school

BLK

Does anyone know something about Cincinatti architecture school?
Is it good?

I recently got a contact from somebody about some master programms, but until now I've never heard about it...

Mar 2, 06 6:49 am
meta

Do a search in the discussions section and you`ll know.

Mar 2, 06 6:52 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Keep in mind that your search of previous threads will yield better results if you spell the city's name correctly.

Mar 2, 06 7:26 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

must....not.....make......snide.....remark....

ahhh

Mar 2, 06 6:10 pm  · 
 · 
mlee

I'm in undergrad at cincinnati. It's hard for me to talk too much about the program because I've never been anywhere else, but it's pretty good. Admissions will keep pushing DesignIntelligence ratings in your face which I think has the MArch program at #2 in the country. It ranks a graduate's preparedness for work and the survey is done by a few thousand employers nationwide, but as with any ranking, don't take it too seriously. The grad program also gives you the opportunity to do a co-op (internship), while in school. Definitely a plus, there are some co-ops working for Norman Foster, recent grads with Shigeru Ban, Rafael Vinoly, an undergrad co-op with Lot-ek. Also, DesignIntelligence says that Cincinnati is the most innovative program, don't know why they say that or what it's based on, but it may (may not) be worth something. I'd say the program is worth checking out.

Mar 2, 06 7:18 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

On a more serious note, Cincy is probably tied with UPenn in being my top pick for grad schools. Plenty of info about UC elsewhere in this forum.

Mar 2, 06 9:47 pm  · 
 · 
switters

let's call a spade and spade: the rankings don't mean anything.
cinci has its merit, which is the coop. no cinci grad will tell you it is amazing academically or hold any pretensions about innovation in the school. the coop is brillant, the school is not. and it slips further away every year.

Mar 2, 06 10:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: