Archinect
anchor

Where to buy recycled aluminum

zeth01

anyone know where I can buy recycled aluminum in California? Tried using Google but not much turned up.
Thanks

Feb 28, 06 12:33 am
JohnProlly

Try going to Venice Beach and Buying cans from the bums...

Feb 28, 06 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
zeth01

Oh yeah thanks you are such a funny guy...
You should'nt disrespect people and call them bums.
One day you may be out on the street begging people for change becasue some asshole decided you have to suffer becasue you do not fit in to this fucked up system. Although I am sure that you'll just live the rest of your life playing the game causing other people to suffer only becasue you are scared and ignorant and an asshole, Maybe you can even design your own crappy little pre-fab (or whatever it is that you think makes you better than a "homeless" person or anyone else for that matter) and live in the suburbs and have a fat wife and kids and a big SUV to take you to McDonalds for "cheeseburgers" that came from a "cow" that was killed by someone who gets paid 5 cents a day while you sit on your ass in front of a computer making much more money and then maybe that 5 cents a day person will piss on the meat he just killed for you to eat and then the meat ships half way across the world where you eat it a year later but not before it goes through a big factory in guatamala or wherever and some american owns that factory and fires all of his employees that used to work in a factory in america and now theyre homeless and they have cans which they sell to stay alive just so you can eat your piss burger.

just my 2 cents.... I realize that this makes me no better than you and I should have ignored that comment but I AM SICK OF PEOPLE POSTING DUMB ASS RESPONSES TO PEOPLES QUESTIONS. you are no better than anyone else.

Feb 28, 06 5:20 pm  · 
 · 
FRO

that wasn't 2 cents, that was a damn quarter!

Not up on the California scene, but most places I've lived the recycling process has at least something to do with the gov't. Maybe you take it (your empty cans, bottles, boxes, etc.) to them, and could ask a person there. Maybe they pick it up at your house, in which case I'm sure they bill you for it. On that bill may be a phone number. These people will be in the recycling business, and can point you in the right direction. Still no luck? Another thing I've noticed is (maybe even in California) places called 'junkyard/pick-n-pull/pull-n-save/salvage yard' or some clever variation on that. It will be full of cars that look like they might not run so well anymore, or had something dropped on them. These businesses take things of value from people who don't want them anymore and sell them to people who do want them. If they don't have what you want, they know who does.

In general though, 'California' and 'aluminum' are large, vague terms so you may need to refine your question a bit to get the exact answer you want right off the bat. And if you freak out like that on a guy at a junkyard he'll probably beat you senseless with some recycled aluminum, so maybe take a nap first.

Feb 28, 06 6:09 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Right, fro9k: zeth, you need to define your question more. Are you looking to buy aluminum for constrcution that has been recycled at least once already by industry and is thus certified or something? Or to buy used aluminum that you can then "recycle" into something else?

Feb 28, 06 6:15 pm  · 
 · 
tagalong

zeth, you need to chill out and learn how to laugh when someone is making an i assume light hearted joke....and stop cribbing long drawn out senarios of response that you've seen in a movie (Good Will Hunting), how many times have you either walked past a homeless person and not given them change or driven past one in your car and not rolled down the window to help them out....I know I do it all the time so i'm not trying to "call you out" persay but to cast the first stone in an online discussion group isn't the answer...

Mar 1, 06 2:03 am  · 
 · 
mad+dash

zeth, here you go. they are local, so they can refer you to someone if they don't have anything:

www.thereusepeople.org

Mar 2, 06 8:41 pm  · 
 · 
zeth01

Thanks to those who had positive responses

Mar 2, 06 9:12 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: