Archinect
anchor

Best eateries for Boston Archinecters?

cvargie

Left LA three years ago and headed east. The LA thread made me home sick. Help by listing Boston Favs.... make me feel at home again.

Feb 27, 06 2:02 pm
A Center for Ants?

since i started the LA one... i'll contribute:

blue ginger in wellesley. reservations are a bitch to get (month in advance) but def. worth it.

Feb 27, 06 2:30 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

oh and i've always enjoyed sunset grill and tap in allston. phenomenal beer selection.

Feb 27, 06 2:31 pm  · 
 · 
cvargie

What has happend to the taco selection in Boston?

Feb 27, 06 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

check this thread http://www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=P31531_0_42_0_C

Feb 27, 06 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
mm

B-Side in Cambridge.
Town Diner in Watertown.
the falafel truck on Mass. Ave, at MIT.

Feb 27, 06 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
edmund.l.liang

red bones in somerville

Feb 27, 06 3:34 pm  · 
 · 

didnt we do this thread a month ago?

Feb 27, 06 4:01 pm  · 
 · 

yeah we did... so lets meet up somewhere and get food...

I've become a fan of The Independent in Somerville (Union Square), mainly because its walking distance for me.

Feb 27, 06 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

There used to be a place on the Summerville/Cambridge Line called
Peasant Stock. It was on the Same corner as the Cheese Cask, and
Savriens. It was rumored Julia Child use to buy her meat at that little market place. So many years ago, I'm sure there all lost in the shuffle.

Feb 27, 06 6:31 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

Savenor's moved across the river when I was still living in Cambridge. That's been more than a decade past. I do recall when they left there was a bit in the Globe about Julia Child being spotted shopping at the Star Market in Porter Square.

Feb 27, 06 7:40 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

Don't go to the Border Cafe. Some people swear by that place but it sucks. I went three times and it was nast. The red beans and rice are runny and the enchiladas are one step above microwave. The line always wraps around the corner too. Don't be fooled. Your better value bet is Anna's or Boca Grande. Anywhere in the North End rules. Legal Seafood has really good Boston Creme Pie. There is a Japanese market in the Porter Exchange that has good snacks.

Feb 27, 06 8:42 pm  · 
 · 
Heather Ring

yo, i just snacked there today!

Feb 27, 06 8:50 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

the steak salad at border is really good for lunch...and they
have ok margaritas...i agree with most of the rest of their
food...although i did like the burro every now and again..
i think that's what it's called. although i don't think it was donkey.

Feb 27, 06 8:53 pm  · 
 · 
geezopeez

flour bakery on washington near the hospital has good sandwiches and even better desserts.

Feb 27, 06 10:45 pm  · 
 · 
geezopeez

when i was visiting a friend also took me to 1369 coffee house on cambridge. the lemon poppyseed muffin there was quite good, but really, really rich.

Feb 27, 06 10:48 pm  · 
 · 
fulcrum

Cambridge Commons
Lucky's
Casablanca in Harvard Sq.
Henrietta's Table at the Charles Hotel in Harvard Sq.

Feb 27, 06 11:05 pm  · 
 · 

1369 makes bread pudding out of old muffins. its the best.

Feb 28, 06 9:17 am  · 
 · 
Devil Dog

Sorella's for breakfast, Bella Luna for dinner and The MilkyWay (underneath Bella Luna) for drinks. All at the circle in JP.

Feb 28, 06 9:47 am  · 
 · 
Devil Dog

ps. . . i hope they're still there. i haven't been back since '03. they were all there then.

Feb 28, 06 9:48 am  · 
 · 
davidgray

al capone's. downtown boston.

Feb 28, 06 2:29 pm  · 
 · 

I know that The Milky Way is still there...

Feb 28, 06 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
cvargie

Al Capone's! that's funny I work right around the corner!

Feb 28, 06 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

Boston China Town....cheap, filling and good for ya!

Feb 28, 06 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
tect75

i remember this place in brookline i think.... off the green line heading to cleveland circle. the eagles nest deli, used to have a plate that was 2 lbs of hamburger, 2 lbs of fries, and if u ate it all you got your pic on the wall. the food was pretty good and the price wasnt bad either. i think the 2 and 2 thing was only like 10 bucks.

Feb 28, 06 4:41 pm  · 
 · 

tect you're thinking of eagle's deli. its a bc hangout. its pretty gross there. the food is pretty nasty.

Feb 28, 06 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

oh. i liked bartley burgers too.

JP Licks for ice cream

Feb 28, 06 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
mm

JP Licks? Please!

Somerville is the ice cream capitol! I know Denise's in Davis Square closed shortly before I left in 2003, but Christina's in Inman Square still around and is fantastic.

Feb 28, 06 5:48 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

ooooh. ice cream debate coming down...

white mountain creamery in wellesley

Feb 28, 06 6:40 pm  · 
 · 
jrios

Burgers -- O'Sullivan's
Fancy grill food washed down with Pabst tall boy -- East Coast Grill
Brunch -- The Neighborhood
Fried Scallops on a beach with hoodlums -- Kelly's Roast Beef
Pizza -- Emma's

I feel for you noodles; I left Boston for LA. Like to think that Jonathan Gold would approve of these B-town eateries.

Mar 1, 06 1:13 am  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

Herrel's hot fudge rulz!!!!

Not exactly Boston but since somebody brought up fried bivalves-

The Clam Shack in Ipswich for fried clams after a day at Crane Beach. Go in the fall and get warm cider donuts from Goodale Orchard on the way to the beach.

Mar 1, 06 1:23 am  · 
 · 
snooker

Grab a grinder and head to the court yard of the OLD Boston Public Library in the Summer time. It is a sweet spot. If your looking for more activity try Copley Square if your into people watching. All the ladies working in the John Hancock have to eat sometime.

Mar 1, 06 7:08 am  · 
 · 
mm

Oh, I miss the Clam Shack in Ipswich... what was that other seafood place that's on the north shore, right on the water... it's the last name of the family that ran it for the past century. That place was good too.

And yes, East Coast Grill is one of the best nicer restaurants in the Boston area...

Wow, I didn't realize how much I missed the food in Boston until this thread...

Mar 1, 06 10:14 am  · 
 · 
ke5ult

Boston just isn't the same without the Deli Haus in Kenmore Square.

Mar 4, 06 12:19 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: