Archinect
anchor

sign me up

mdler

Hello there,

My name is Danielle Barba. I am a Casting Producer
for ABC's "The Bachelor". We are starting our search
for the Prime time shows next "Bachelor". In the past
we have gone down the doctor, heir, and athlete route.
This time around we are interested in finding an
architect. I would love to get the word out to your
firm and hear from any possible candidates who may be
interested. Would an email blast be possible?

Basically we are searching for a 27-33 year old
single, handsome, successful, charismatic guy who
would like to be whisked away to an exotic, tropical
location dating 25 beautiful girls. Any referrals or
suggestions would be helpful. I would love to give
you more information. Feel free to contact me with
any questions. If any candidates are interested they
can submit the following information - name, age,
occupation, location, contact information, photo and a
small blurb about themselves to
[email protected] Hope to hear from you!

Sincerely,

Danielle Barba
Casting Producer
ABC Network
[email protected]

Feb 27, 06 12:34 pm
4arch

is this a joke?

Feb 27, 06 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

how important is this "successful" thing you speak of?

Feb 27, 06 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
THREADS
http://archidose.blogspot.com/2005/10/yes-we-are.html

we are the sexiest. It's a known fact.

Feb 27, 06 1:13 pm  · 
 · 

nothing against us, but i think this iteration of the show would be completely boring to most of its audience. what would the bachelor and the ladies talk about during those long dates? OMA's Prada stores?

Feb 27, 06 1:16 pm  · 
 · 

If an archinecter were to be the Bachelor, I would totally watch it, even though I hate reality TV. It would just be too funny to miss.

Feb 27, 06 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
4arch

guess they don't know about the fact that a lot of 27-33 year old "architects" have to put "intern" before that architect title!

Feb 27, 06 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Steven, you called it. I'll add that they also don't know that professional architects barely have time to eat let alone date. Maybe the bachelor can woo his 25 gals via email and phone while he sits at his desk and apologizes for yet another late night of work?

Feb 27, 06 1:38 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

interesting coincidence:

i found this while googling:

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2006/02/24/the-bachelor-esq/

if you take "architect" and replace with "lawyer" the rest of the letter still makes sense... so... i think somone's playing a joke on our profession.

Feb 27, 06 2:22 pm  · 
 · 

I'm presently in negotiations with a Casting Producer of a new reality show called The Whore. I'm pretty sure it was the over four centuries of partner experience on my resume that got me the title position. For the show, I told them I can already accurately estimate that 25% will be plops, 50% will be average/mediocry, and 25% will be museumpeace.

Lucky me, I suppose.

Feb 27, 06 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

I've been asked to do worse. For money.

Feb 27, 06 9:21 pm  · 
 · 
Nevermore

MDLER--how much will we be paid for working overtime (i.e after 6:30 pm ) and on weekends.

Feb 28, 06 2:35 am  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

So is mdler finally gonna get him a girl?

Feb 28, 06 2:45 am  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

Actually, i knew someone who used to work on that show. She said it was awful, she was in charge of getting the losers primed to cry on national television.

Feb 28, 06 2:49 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

yea....and i hope theres no timesheet filling business .

Feb 28, 06 3:39 am  · 
 · 
snooker

If there looking for an Architect....they must be looking for a Slacker Architect....When would the guy have time to get his work done. I can see the candidate talking with a client. "Sorry I can't get to your project today cause I'm in makeup, for the Bachlor"

Feb 28, 06 7:41 am  · 
 · 
monkeyboy

Parker, What the hell is this?

Id it is for real.. i would sign up.. if i wasnt married. wait.... what the hell..

sign me up

Feb 28, 06 9:01 am  · 
 · 
tagalong

And any self respecting architect would probably just piss and mone durring the entire show about the horrendus McMansion that they put him up in...I know I would.

Mar 1, 06 2:12 am  · 
 · 
mdler

monkey,

blarno auditioned to be one of the guys on the bachelorette

Mar 1, 06 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
monkeyboy

why didnt he get it....too dirty? If i was single.. i would totally do it. They havent had an architect on one of those series yet. Not that i know of. I can only imagine my demeanor. I would probably be complaining not about the mcmansion (becasue anything is better than my tiny apartment) but about the meat-head douchebags that i have to compete with. Dont get me wrong i cant stand those shows....but for the right price i will sell out to anything.

Mar 1, 06 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

monkey,

right price = lots of t+a???

Mar 1, 06 1:06 pm  · 
 · 
aeaa

TOO DIRTY!?!

I did try out for the bachelorette which is a completely different scenario than the bachelor. And I did it as a joke, at least that is how I thought of it since I was signed up by friends! The video interview was total BS.

Also, reality TV is nuts, they have psychologists view your tapes and they eliminate people on a variety of items: posture, mannerism, body language, tone of voice etc.

Mar 1, 06 1:23 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

mdler are you shitting me, did he really audition for the bachelorette!?!?

monkey you would be perfect. aside from that whole wifey thing. oh, you know who would be good.....brent from my class. or yours even.

Mar 1, 06 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

LOL I can't believe you did that, aeaa. So did they determine you were a total freak? Is that why I didn't see your smiling face on ABC? tee hee.....

Mar 1, 06 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
monkeyboy

i am kidding aeaa, you know i only wish i could be as "dirty" as you. unfortunatly you dont get too dirty being married. And either i have too much respect for my marriage, am too big a puss, or too afraid if what wifey would do to me if a became dirty. SNIP!!!!

Mar 1, 06 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

i remember a story you told me monkey about you attempting to be dirty...

WonderK, you have J barg's phone #??? He would be perfect

Mar 1, 06 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
monkeyboy

you may have to refresh my memory...not here though... but i always attempt to be dirty... but the word is ATTEMPT. Thats why i was dubbed "THE MOST FAITHFUL PLAYER"

Mar 1, 06 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

oh my god, no....not JB, please.....can you imagine?!! oh the horror......hysterical.

seriously we need to get an archinector on that show.

Mar 1, 06 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

'i am in the 98th percentile of hot guys' or something like that...

the license plate on his car rocked...

Mar 1, 06 2:01 pm  · 
 · 
monkeyboy

i dont remember anything like that...maybe a different DAAPer

Mar 1, 06 3:39 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

not you, monkey

Mar 1, 06 4:12 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

i think i want
to sigh
up.

i'm sure i would
be passed up
and
my wife
she wouldn't
mind as
long as
I was
bringing home
the bacon.

oh, by the way
i'm 77

Mar 1, 06 7:54 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: