Archinect
anchor

sketch-up renders

dyske

What do you guys think is the best /easiest program to render sketch-up models in?

Feb 20, 06 6:24 pm
sameolddoctor

max

Feb 20, 06 8:15 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

max

never done it, though, but I've seen tons of great renderings

http://www.pushpullbar.com/

decent site for architecture, too

Feb 20, 06 11:51 pm  · 
 · 

I've always rendered stuff as hidden line models with shadows and then hand colored them/collaged them in Photoshop or Illustrator... but that's just me.

Feb 20, 06 11:51 pm  · 
 · 
dyske

thanks

Feb 21, 06 9:26 am  · 
 · 
formotion

at the moment I do all my renderings IN sketchup, but we now have vectorworks, so I will start doing a bit of both I think. The largest problem with sketchup is NO lights...but I have created lots of renderings that look beautiful without lights..

Feb 21, 06 10:11 am  · 
 · 
Saturn

Its all about how you use the programs together. For instance slicing section perspectives in sketchup and exporting to PS to do post process is a valid way to go as well as using other 3D software. I think your best bet will be a combination of many.

Feb 22, 06 10:40 pm  · 
 · 
FRO

I like Photoshop w/ a graphics tablet.

While I used to get off on trying to produce CAD-like precision with a pencil, now I'm into using a computer to produce hand-style watercolor & pencil effects I could never quite pull off.

If non-photoreal is what you're looking for (you are using SketchUp), then another vote for the wealth of information over at pushpullbar.com

Feb 22, 06 11:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: