Archinect
anchor

M.Arch I Portfolio....

nic__

Super bare bones, hardly any text. It looks as if school report got together with a picture book, but nevertheless...here it is: 

http://issuu.com/nicnicnic/docs/m_arch_app_portfolio_2012

Jan 6, 12 9:12 pm
jamesherm

(Feel free to disregard everything I'm about to say, because it's just one internet dude's opinion.)

I'm going to make a couple of assumptions here. One, that you're applying this year to start an M.Arch program next fall, and two, that if you're applying to Penn, you're also applying to other top tier architecture programs. If I'm right about those (or even if you're just applying to Penn), I would be really surprised if this portfolio got much attention.

It's not that the work inside is necessarily bad. The Columbia stuff could be kind of interesting if there was more to it (more drawings, more process work, just generally more evidence that the projects had some rigorous effort put into them). If the landscape drawings were part of some broader collection of drawings that showcase your drawing ability, they might be more compelling than they are. But as it is currently, the last two sections just aren't portfolio-worthy.

Have you looked at other successful portfolios? They aren't just collections of images; they are design projects unto themselves that have undergone numerous iterations and reconsiderations. Yours just needs a lot more content (another summer program wouldn't be a bad idea) and a lot more attention in order to be competitive, especially if you're thinking about schools like Penn or Columbia.

Jan 7, 12 2:11 pm  · 
 · 
Jono Lee

i'm personally a fan of it.

i think it's definitely one of the stronger ones out here. what particularly stands out is the design layout. i could say more, but i'm so tired, my fingers are tired of typing. good work!

Nov 22, 12 3:36 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: