Archinect
anchor

Project Precedents

Teak604

Hey All,

I am looking into a site for an architect friend as a little project. The site is rather challenging on a steep (10-15 degree) slope. It is limited to being about 20-25 feet deep and 100 feet wide. Facing west with a fantastic view out over the water. I have been scouring blogs for ideas to help him out but am not satisfied with what I have found. If anyone has an ideas of really successful homes built on this sort of site I would sure would appreciate it. The primary challenge is to incorporate the 2 story plan into the site while conceding the strict height and set back restrictions in place. The house is approached from the upward side of the slope. 

I am interested to see how other projects have dealt with slopes and terraces as this project will have to do on such a narrow footprint. 

The site and proportions are somewhat similar to the example shown below.

Thanks a bunch for any input!!

Jan 4, 12 1:52 am
x-jla

I think it would be interesting if the house in the pic was gone and the base that it sits on was the house instead with entry from top and lower on the hill...just a thought.  The roof could be a garden or deck overlooking the water.  Cool site...I would love to help design it.......

Jan 4, 12 11:45 am  · 
 · 

An "architect friend" without ideas? LOL

Jan 4, 12 2:52 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: