Archinect
anchor

ACM anyone?

wurdan freo

I've been doing a lot of shop drawing work for a friend of mine who manufactures ACM. Car dealerships seem to love this stuff. Have also seen it used sparingly on a couple of hospitals. Wondering what applications you are using ACM for. Also hoping to get general thoughts on the material. Anyone willing to post pictures?

Jan 3, 12 12:04 pm
toasteroven

ACM?  aluminum composite panels?  I think the question should be dry vs. wet seal.

Jan 3, 12 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
poop876

I'm detailing couple of sections right now using ACM. But I've done probably about 15 dealerships using the same idea.

Jan 3, 12 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

Ok toast.  What about it? Dry seal vs wet seal. Why would you use a wet seal? Does it eliminate the need for moisture barrier behind the ACM panel?

Poop - can you provide your typical section?

studs/ins - sheathing - vapor/moisture barrier (spray applied?) ACM panels?  something like that?

Jan 3, 12 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
poop876

correct...mtl. studs, 5/8" sheathing, commercial air and water barrier, composite panel....

I'm not telling them how to do their barrier...since ACM installers usually do that!

Jan 4, 12 5:47 pm  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

have any going out to bid? Would love to forward them to my buddy. not sure how to contact folks on the new 'nect. Used to be able to email people through their user id.

Jan 5, 12 12:26 am  · 
 · 
poop876

No, actually we've been using the same builder for dozens of these. I think the clients are comfortable with them and they produce really good work. Plus we really like not to do bid drawings....we just know they will do it right!

Jan 5, 12 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
poop876

Yeah I have no idea how to contact people on here either!

Jan 5, 12 3:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: