Archinect
anchor

high rise housing

thexm

I am looking for the examples of high rising residenting buildings. any recommendation for that, if possible? Thanks alot.

Feb 5, 06 3:43 pm
vado retro

i think theres a nice studio apartment for rent here...

Feb 5, 06 9:06 pm  · 
 · 
rebelliousz_poet
camilo jose vergara

he did a photo series of high rise buildings... not always housing... but hotel/condo... i know it was published in Quaderns...

Feb 5, 06 10:52 pm  · 
 · 
Cassiel

There is a book, Sky High Living - Contemporary high-rise apartment and mixed buildings, edited by Georges Binder. Might give you something.

Turning Torso in Malmö, Calatrava. And the New York one by him, of course, whatever that one is called.

Renzo Pianos London Bridge Tower is supposed to be residential, at least partially I think.

De Rotterdam by OMA, competed this year? Still on?

Lots of things happening in NL in this aspect BTW...

de Architecten Cie - Schielandtoren, Rotterdam

Benthem Crouwel Architecten - Hoge Maas, Rotterdam

Atelier PRO - Student accomodation in Laakhaven

PRO / Architectengroep - Prinsenhof, The Hague

Elephant & Castle Eco-towers

Gabai Architects - Migdal Zedek, Tel Aviv

Most of the above are mixed use, but all include residential to some extent.

Hope it helps!

Feb 5, 06 11:58 pm  · 
 · 
timpdx

There is always Emporis.com, they have photos of god knows how many tall buildings of all sort, including residential. I think their mission is to get every building over 10 stories ever built anywhere in the world cataloged and photographed.

Feb 6, 06 11:27 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: