Archinect
anchor

Minimalist details

Living in Gin

Back in a former life, I seem to remember seeing a book that contained a library of minimalist construction details... Does anybody know of such a resource? Searches of Google and pabook.com were fruitless. Thanks....

Feb 5, 06 1:47 pm

don know a book dedicated to it but JA does a detail book/issue once a year that is filled with the stuff of Japanese firms; quite a lot of it minimal-ish. maki, sejima, ito, takenaka (a large construction company with some really fine architects on its staff), etc etc.

i think those are bilingual and do remember seeing them at my school library back in canada, so not that hard to get ahold of.

think the series is called "SPACE IN DETAIL I, II, III...." lots of steel angles and glass and concrete coming together in clear construction.

Feb 5, 06 6:36 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Thanks for the info.... If anybody else knows of any good resources for some excellent minimalist details, feel free to mention them here.

Feb 6, 06 12:18 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

mckay ?

Feb 6, 06 2:40 am  · 
 · 
Cassiel

Detail magazine?

detail.de

Feb 6, 06 3:30 am  · 
 · 
c

Gin,
a few months ago I was leafing through what might be this book:

'Constructing Architecture Materials, Processes, Structure: A Handbook'
Author: Andrea Deplazes
Birkhauser
August 2005

but i remember there being another title like 'Details of Modern Arch' that I've seen- has details of scarpa and kahn windows....

Feb 7, 06 1:51 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: