Archinect
anchor

In Every Dream Home, A Heartache...

vado retro

It has come to my attention that two frequent posters to this site have sold their souls and entered the world of dreamhome whoredom. Each, working separately, will create luxurious and sumptious chocolate thighlike dream designs in a part of town that niether venture into (except for an occasional foray into the fashion mall.) The architecture world can only hope that these talented, yet ethically compromised, archinecters will wake up and smell the french roast...

Feb 4, 06 6:36 pm

...luxurious and sumptious chocolate thighlike dream designs...

: surely an original phrase, one never used before in the history of the planet.

Feb 4, 06 6:42 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

One of my contractors called me the other day as I was driving to a meeting. Right as I picked up the phone there was some sudden interference and he said "Whoa, what was that noise?" My answer: "It's the sound of my soul crushing."

He laughed hysterically. Hey, at least I can get some humor out of paying the bills!

Feb 5, 06 8:38 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

a crushed soul does hurt for a bit, but just as def leppard's drummer was able to pound out the rock with just one arm, you will be able to pound out the dreams lb. you may, however, experience phantom pains when watching the english patient on a cold sunday february afternoon.

Feb 5, 06 10:04 am  · 
 · 

i always wondered what that noise was. i thought it was my stomach growling.

Feb 5, 06 10:14 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Given my adamant refusal to be taken in by the pseudo-emotional dreck that was "The English Patient", I'm guessing I actually sold my soul a long time ago, not just last Friday.

That one-armed def leppard drummer is a true inspiration, by the way!

Feb 5, 06 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

well i was going to post an image of faust and i am. its andrea faust some oiled up kraut gurl...

Feb 5, 06 8:15 pm  · 
 · 

the def-leopard (sic) drummer has no arms, li-bell.

Feb 5, 06 9:57 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

That's right, Javier, he pounds out the beat with his very SOUL. Which is totally un-crushed. He must be feeding his soul some very enriching food - Steven the type of food for which your soul is clamoring. Heed its sound!!

Feb 5, 06 10:01 pm  · 
 · 

rick allen has one arm.

Feb 5, 06 10:04 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

he also has BY FAR the best hair of the bunch.

Feb 5, 06 10:05 pm  · 
 · 

i bet andrea faust likes def leppard.

gunter glieben glauchen globen
alright i got something to say
yeah, it's better to burn out
yeah, than fade away

Feb 5, 06 10:20 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

what do u mean nothings happening here????

Feb 5, 06 11:57 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro
Feb 6, 06 12:00 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

Liberty bell ..... I am disapointed !!!

ah well ... whatever pays the bills.. ( i guess)

Feb 6, 06 8:15 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

sporadic: Well, it's not a done deal, but if it happens, it's high-density housing for an infill site, very definitely not raping a riparian field. So - it's providing further densification in an area that is close enough in to the city that it shouldbe more dense than it is now. And they came to us because they're interested in some decent design. So - we'll see. I really hope it happens. And truthfully, it could easily turn into a project I'd be quite proud of.

But it would be my first real work for a developer. I'm adjusting to referring to housing as "product".

And yet I feel the need to justify my actions in public...thanks, my vado retro, for exposing me thusly.

Feb 6, 06 8:53 am  · 
 · 

I thought he just played with his pedals. BUt the hair is great, yep.

Feb 6, 06 9:37 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

liberty u may be a sell out. but at least you didnt go listen to some conservative columnist gob over ronald reagan on his birthday just for some free pot roast. like that other ethically challenged sell out did...

Feb 6, 06 7:32 pm  · 
 · 
dia

so whose t'other?

Feb 6, 06 7:39 pm  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

I would listen to some conservative columnist gob over ronald reagan on his birthday for some free pot roast ... I'm an architect

Liberty. B. I hear you ... I just hope that you dont get bullied over by those developers to design a pastry like facade and structure

Feb 7, 06 5:00 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

does any one remember laughter???

Feb 7, 06 6:58 pm  · 
 · 
3ifs

i consider myself a sellout.

i am not the 'other' that vado is talking about i'm sure.

at least i can laugh at myself... and wear my 'architecture sucks' t-shirt with pride.

Feb 8, 06 4:44 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

You know if you image google "dreamhome whoredom" you get no results. Must be an innovative new approach to the built environment after all. No sell outs here!

Feb 8, 06 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

did u turn your safe search filter off? you do remember the chocolate thighs google episode don't you?

Feb 8, 06 8:39 pm  · 
 · 
art tech geek

LB - no sell outs here is more probably no admitted or self critical sellouts at least when it comes to search engines. Maybe all those honest self-depricators use Flash.

Feb 8, 06 11:43 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i google dream home whoredom and found this...

Feb 9, 06 7:12 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

It's Friday afternoon at 4pm and I just struck a verbal deal to do a (for us) major housing project with a really cool developer. I'm excited. And, I still feel pure. No whoredom here.

Cheers, everyone and have a great weekend. I'm headed to the bar.

Mar 3, 06 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

Go Ring Those Bells...Liberty!

Mar 3, 06 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

there is no night time
only a passing phase
and i feel pretty
something something
i felt so ugly before
i didnt know what to do...

Mar 4, 06 9:01 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: