Archinect
anchor

Need help wireframing in Rhino

I'm new to 3D modeling and have been working my way through Rhino for the last several days. I have printed plans and sections to base my model on but I'd like some advice on best practices in Rhino. There are several things I want to know but in the interest of time I'd like to know if it makes sense to build my entire model as a wireframe first and if so, how I should go about doing that. Should I bother with closed curves where surfaces would be or is it more practical to make the curves I need and add necessary edges as single lines until the surface gets applied later?

Apr 18, 11 1:44 pm
jplourde

you should model in solids whenever possible.  it's the cleanest way, and if you're just modeling edges what happens when you want to render or change the camera angle.  rhino has a neat command called 'make 2d' which will create a hiddenline and plan and elevation views. just type in 'make 2d' into the command line.  also, i believe mcneel has some vector visualization plugins on the rhino website.

Apr 18, 11 7:48 am  · 
 · 
graphite

Here is a basic run through on some basic rhino concepts applied to architecture:

http://designreform.net/2008/09/rhino-barcelona-pavillion-building-a-3d-model/

Walk through this and youll learn the basics, everything else on here is great too.

Apr 19, 11 12:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: