Archinect
anchor

Food in New York

ichweiB

Hey guys,
my studio is going to NY for spring break. We're doing some preliminary design build stuff before it begins this summer. Basically, my prof has everything we're going to see and do planned (he went to school in NY), but a lot of people in my studio are wondering about good places to eat & bars to go to, etc...
We're definitely not looking for the nicest places to dine, but spots that we shouldn't miss. So, if you have a favorite dive or bar or whatever, I should would appreciate it, and I can pass it along to my studio mates.
We're staying pretty close to Madison Square Garden-whatever that means. I haven't been to NY before-yes I know. I am an architecture student and haven't been, but I am from the south, so I haven't made it North yet. Anyhow, that is the area we'll be in, but I am sure the train will be easy to use. My prof said we're off the 6 line.

Alright,
Thanks

Jan 30, 06 10:35 pm
DoYouWantCoffee

There's a great French Moroccan place at Prince and Mott in Soho -- perfect for the student budget and good food to boot. "Gelatine" or something. It's a tiny cafe, so don't go when it rains because one waits for seating outside on benches!

Jan 31, 06 1:51 am  · 
 · 
geezopeez

kate's joint on avenue b in the lower east side is good for standard vegan food.

frankie's 457 spuntino in carroll gardens is one of the best italian food (and bargains). on court street in brooklyn.

i like teany (rivington in lower east side), too, even if i don't care much for moby.

mary's fish camp on 4th in the west village has awesome lobster rolls (albeit a little pricey).

good luck!

Jan 31, 06 2:30 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: