Archinect
anchor

restaurants restaurants?

rebelliousz_poet

i have been looking through magazines... google... etc... in search of very well designed restaurant... i was wondering if you could post you favorites... or places of value in terms of design and how it relates to context... thanx

Jan 30, 06 3:17 pm
PsyArch

These people are good in a London Art scene vernacular:

block architecture

Alan Yau, of Hakkasan (coming to a town near you) and Yauatcha fame has been known to use Christian Liaigre for the interiors:

Alan Yau is the master of the trade, not an inch unused anywhere in his empire.

Jan 30, 06 3:34 pm  · 
 · 
garpike
Doug Fir

Jan 30, 06 4:32 pm  · 
 · 
e

restaurants/bar of some friends of mine. belgian cuisine, 64 taps, 200 beers in bottle, 40 scotches. go to cafe/photos for a dozen small images

brouwer's cafe

Jan 30, 06 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
PsyArch

What kind of restaurant are you looking for?

Jan 30, 06 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
e

garpike, the doug fir is nice. i'll have to check it out the next time i'm down that way.

Jan 30, 06 5:00 pm  · 
 · 
rebelliousz_poet

i am looking for something poetic... i know that doesn't help much ... but an example of it would be siza's tea house... i am open to all thoughts... ideas and suggestions... i am just compiling a series of images... but your [PsyArch] suggestions are great... very nice... as for the brouwers cafe... i did fall upon that one last week... the doug fir was interesting... possibly too heavy but ofcourse welcomed... thanx...

Jan 30, 06 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

anybody going to the d for superbowl XL?

www.osloworld.com

Jan 30, 06 6:29 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Halo looks nice. I was disappointed when on the website I noticed the horizontal scroll bar suggested an Easter Egg way off to the right. There was nothing there.

e, I have never been there. Well, I have never been to the Northwest. I must go... to both. And soon.

Jan 30, 06 7:10 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

I have been to the Bigfoot Lodge near Silverlake. Very cool.

Don't tell my boss I like wood interiors!

Jan 30, 06 7:12 pm  · 
 · 
galaxiz

Tony Chi has designed some exceptional restaurants....Spoon, Asiate, Oak Door, to name a few.

Yabu Pushelberg also made splashes with Bymark, Fiamma Trattoria, Shibuya, Blue Fin, Ame, and so on. YP's restaurants are theatrical, trendy and fun.

David Rockwell and Adam Tihany also contributed many interesting eateries.

Mar 3, 06 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
galaxiz

Glamorous Company and Super Potato of Japan have done some great works in Asia and abroad.

www.glamorous.co.jp
www.superpotato.jp

Mar 3, 06 1:47 pm  · 
 · 
Sean Taylor

I think that this restaurant is designed very well.
blue hill at stone barns

Mar 4, 06 10:42 am  · 
 · 
Nicoli
Lewis Tsurumaki Lewis
Mar 4, 06 11:10 am  · 
 · 
matteo

Conde nast restaurant in New York by Gehry

conde nast

Mar 4, 06 11:39 am  · 
 · 
matteo

the Lever House restaurant in New York

Lever house

Mar 4, 06 11:40 am  · 
 · 
matteo

Kong Cafeteria $ Restaurant in Paris by Philippe Starck

Mar 4, 06 11:43 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore
http://www.worldsbestbars.com/images/bars/big/31.jpg

Vie @ Mumbai,India.

Try this site for information

www.worldsbestbars.com

Mar 4, 06 12:01 pm  · 
 · 
Nevermore
Mar 4, 06 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
S

nevermore....where is THAT? I'm going. How about Phillipe Stark's Asia de Cuba, the Blue Door at the Delano, etc. He's not an architect, but he creates great drama.

Mar 4, 06 6:14 pm  · 
 · 
Nevermore

S, that is a pic of Vie restobar at Juhu Beach, Bombay ,India.

yea its a great place.do come.

Mar 5, 06 8:15 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

S,

I like this one better,

zenzi ( Bombay ,India)

http://www.zenzi-india.com

Mar 5, 06 8:22 am  · 
 · 
S

nvm- oh yes, that's good too, especially the free salsa lessons after 5 pm. this is good to know! been wondering what i might do if architecture doesn't work out...will go back to the good life of bartending!

are you really in india nvm? or was this an old stomping ground?

Mar 5, 06 11:50 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: