Archinect
anchor

larger porfolio printing? how?

hyperbolical paraboloid

i am using pages that are 9-1/2 x 13 (euro style)--how do i get them printed, anyone know where to take them, what kind of printer? etc.--i presume a tiff file?

Jan 29, 06 7:39 pm
e

my epson photo 2200 prints 13x19.

Jan 29, 06 7:41 pm  · 
 · 
two-headed boy

I recently purchased the epson 1280 to print my portfolio. It will also do 13x19 and says it will do it with full bleed (although I wasn't quite savy enough to figure that out). Just as I read in the online reviews, the quality is beautiful. My only complaint is about its paper feeding--I had to babysit the thing and manually feed my sheets one by one. HP and Canon have competitive models.

Jan 29, 06 7:47 pm  · 
 · 
hyperbolical paraboloid

anybody ever take them to a printshop of some sort? what to ask for?

Jan 29, 06 7:51 pm  · 
 · 
e

a print shop? like kinkos?

Jan 29, 06 8:06 pm  · 
 · 
hyperbolical paraboloid

yeah or something a little more sophisticated? i'm in the middle of london, near a bunch of digital print places

Jan 29, 06 8:12 pm  · 
 · 

dont print it that big. employers will think you are a jackass. yours wont fit into their file and they'll toss it out. go no larger than 8.5x11.

otherwise, any large format printer will do 13 by X, so go that direction.

Jan 29, 06 9:09 pm  · 
 · 
e

no larger than 8.5x11 if you are sending samples. you won't be consider a jackass if your portfolio is larger than 8.5x11 though. mine is 12x16 and has received nothing but positive comments.

you could go to a digital print shop. i would ask around and maybe take one sheet for them to test to see if you like the quality. if you are going to be printing a lot, you should seriously consider buying a decent printer. it will save you time and money in the long run.

Jan 29, 06 9:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: