Archinect
anchor

have you ever interviewed a stripper for an architectural position?

momentum

my old boss and his wife hired a stripper and gave him a portfolio and resume to talk about, then sent one of my old project managers in to interview him.

she was apparently having a horrible week. it brightened her up. we thought she would flip out, but she didn't even flinch.

anyone else ever done this to a co-worker?

Jan 27, 06 7:15 pm
driftwood

Hehe... "Architectural position..."

But seriously, that's a tricky thing to do. Leaves you wide open for one malicious sexual harrassment lawsuit.

Jan 27, 06 8:06 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Sounds like the stripper may want to learn self-defenestration. Just in case.

Jan 27, 06 9:11 pm  · 
 · 
comb

actually ... i did once interview a recent architectural graduate who earned her college expenses by working as an "exotic dancer" during her school years ... honest ... it's true ... no fooling !

she had a terrible portfolio

Jan 27, 06 9:12 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

comb, was she working or looking for work?

Jan 27, 06 9:13 pm  · 
 · 
comb

she was looking for "an architectural position" ... we had "an architectural position" open ... we filled it with somebody who actually could draw and design ... damn !

Jan 27, 06 9:18 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Ha ha. Damn indeed. So much for kicking up the office's Happy Hour.

Jan 27, 06 9:20 pm  · 
 · 
comb

however, she was a "looker"

(yes ... i spelled that word correctly)

Jan 27, 06 9:23 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I've posted this long ago on a thread about creative ways to make money while in school: I went to school with a girl who would enter wet T-shirt contests at bars, usually win them (a few hundred in cash, lots of T-shirts and coupons for free drinks), then come back to studio to work til the wee hours. She was hardcore. And now she's an architect!

Jan 27, 06 9:45 pm  · 
 · 
Sean Taylor

Liberty bell, have her send a resume to me. . . we are looking for someone.

Jan 27, 06 11:16 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

Hum....we did have a former...actually she might have been still working in a club when she went to work for our office as a secretary/receptionist. He mom was some how linked up with one
of the Senior Partners in the office. I came to learn she was a stripper at the end of the school year when I attended a bash at a fellow students house where she happened to date one of his non student roomates. I ask, what gives with her and low and behold he just spilled the beans. Which was confirmed at a latter time. We all chuckled in the back room because we had three secretaries working in the front of the office and for there it was almost like a contest to see who could get away with wearing the least or most revealing.

Jan 28, 06 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
mad+dash

sorry snooker but are you drunk?
your post makes no sense...

"she happened to date one of his non student roommates"

??????????

Jan 28, 06 6:54 pm  · 
 · 
mad+dash

okay forget it...I can somewhat make sense of it after reading it like four times...

Jan 28, 06 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

jdesP....Think she might have been a friend of Liberty Bell's Classmate.

Jan 28, 06 8:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: